Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone had their private plate put on at the dealers before you got to drive it away?
If so, how long did/should it take?

·
Registered
413 Posts
My car was delivered on the 14th March complete with its private reg. I bought through Lloyds TSB and only waited about 5 weeks in total from order to delivery. The v5 document arrived on the 15th !! Brilliant. I sent my private plate retention to them about 2 weeks prior as I had already removed it from my old car in readiness. Edited by: garynic

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
From date of ordering until now items been 8 weeks and it's still sitting at the dealer waiting for the plate transfer!

·
Registered
291 Posts
Seems DVLA are planning to close all regional offices in not to distant futureso everything will have to be done by post I would think.When I put mine on it only took 15 mins but I dont think it will be as easy next time.

·
Registered
844 Posts
hi i signed the relevant paper work at the dealers when he had confirmation of delivery and just drove in with the part exchange and out the other side with the new Kia which already had the plates on.

·
Registered
2,140 Posts
john123 said:
Seems DVLA are planning to close all regional offices in not to distant futureso everything will have to be done by post I would think.When I put mine on it only took 15 mins but I dont think it will be as easy next time.

If you are putting on a new reg or one already on a retention certificate it only takes 15 minutes. If you are swapping from car to car it takes a bit longer. At least, that is my experience.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
This is my experience! On previous cars its only taken about three days its now over a week!
Knowing my car is sitting at the dealers - I just want it!!!

·
Registered
2,140 Posts
I think the fault may be with the dealer. He may be waiting until he has several registrations to do rather than waste time making multiple trips to the local DVLA office.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I had my plate transferred over from trade-in car all done within a couple of days, paper work all done by the dealer, even made the new plates up for me and aligned the drill holesready for me tofit them when the paper work came though - WLMG Slough.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Sometimes it's the dealers that don't know how to do it I am changing car in May and my Number plate is going straight on new car Where I was considering Ford they would not do this I would have to wait 2 weeks on my number plate to be put on new car which would have cost me more my Kia dealer has been great on this matter and just paying £80.00 for straight transfer but you cannot do this for a used car.....

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.