Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
can anyone tell me were to get piston rings from fpfr kia sorento my kia is blowing from oil cap when i take it off been told back presure said it will be piston rings

·
Registered
662 Posts
get your injectors checked first it will be a faulty injector washer problem there was a modification to the hold down clamps and this would have been done foc by your kia dealer about a year ago

the injector fails to seat properley and the engine compression comes past the washer into the cylinder head

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
cheers paul did you mean the copper rings on bottom off injector or o ring near top just taken out all 4 injectors only 1 off the copper rings in good condition and injectors full off iol and carbon

·
Registered
662 Posts
yes the copper washers will be your issue make sure you clean all the carbon off and out of where the washer seats in the head refit with new hold down clamps and bolts if you dont know if the modified ones were previously fitted

cheaper than rings me thinks

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
all checked and parts renewed no differance spoke to 2 more machanics both say pistons, do you kmow were i can get piston rings and if i need rebore do you know if you can get oversize pistons

·
Registered
662 Posts
are you 100% sure you have got the injectors seated fully did you use the correct copper seals
we have never done rings on thease engines and i have customers who have done 350,000 miles plus, we do do lots of injector reseals and i know how difficult is it to remove the coke build up from the bottom of the injector port we often don't get them to fully seal first time if they have been leaking bad also had a customer who used incorrect injector wahers and that caused a problem with not enough clamping pressure on the injector

does the engine smoke when driven? if its a piston issue then it will

have you done a compression test?

i would still put my money on the injectors not seating

1 - 7 of 7 Posts