Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone. Such is life - I join this forum and the following day my Battle Bus (2001 2.9 diesel) dumps all its coolant. No suprise here, it's the rear heater pipes. Loads of useful info on the forums so, not going to muck about - the heater's getting by-passed and we're going to use heater/rubber pipe but confused about the best size to get. Hopeless eh?
Kaz

·
Registered
249 Posts
5/8" or 16mm will fit. It's a bit tight but goes on best with some washing up liquid. Just done mine using it . I was going to use it all the way to rear htr. but in the end fabricated some new pipes from 16mm thick wall pipe as I didn't like the rubber too close to the exhausts & the spaniards are a bit fussy about rubber pipe close to an exhaust. Then again they're a bit fussy about anything that doesn't matter !

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi,
Just replaced the rear pipes on my sedona with rubber heater hose 16mm inside diameter.
Got a 25m roll delivered from RS components for £36 the rs part number was 486-558.
Pipes worked a treat and fitted right from rear heater matrix to block connections you just need 4 jubilee clips.
cheers Grant

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys!! We by-passed the rear heater yesterday and it worked a treat! Luckily it was a nice day as HIS Discovery is clogging up the garage, so no wet bums - bonus!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts