Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
12 month old Sorento(07) New accelerator sender,waterleaking behind dashbooard into passenger footwell while car is parked, butworst of all, Injector blowing "according to dealer"and ripping an oil pipe while doing motorway speed.Complete loss of oil pressure and probably a 3mile oil slick whichhas probably ruined the engine but the dealer doesn't seem to agree.Picked up by RAC(again) sent to dealers. This is the worst car we ever bought, i've had an eight year old transit with fewer faults than this pile of junk.Kia customer service useless. Cheap cars??? ABSOLUTELY.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I feel your pain and frustration, but there are many variables to the distaster you now have. It could be just a lemon or it could be operator error? I know my Kia Optima (Magentis) is still running well after four years and 85,000 miles. I am completely happy with my car and wish everyone had the same experience I have had. I used to be a Cheverolet (GM) man, but past cars I've owned have quickly ruined that forever. I'd write to more Kia reps and maybe someone at a higher level can give you more satisfaction. Try to work with them and not be abrasive. If Kia truly values you as a future customer, they will and must help you out somehow. Your experience has probably turned off at least 8 people to the Kia brand. That's hundreds of thousands of lost dollars in future sales!

·
Registered
100 Posts
Hi Tonto and Analyserlx, welcome to the club and forum......
Tonto, it's a real shame that you seem to have got a "monday morning" car and even worse that you have been left feeling uncared for by your dealer/customer services.

But, and i know this is of little consolation to you, you can log on to any one make car forum and you will find similar stories of hopeless service and problem riddled cars.....it's not just KIA.

To my mind the fact that you seem to have a rogue car isn't good, but the whole situation has been made much worse due to poor customer relations.KIA need to really kick their dealers and customer service personel hard, as decent back-up could have recovered your good will and possibly retained your future custom.

Faulty goods will always slip through from time to time, the make or break point for any company is how they react to the problem.

Come on Kia, look after your customers.........people always shout loudest about poor customer service and it is not the image you are trying to project.........

Ok, i'll get off my soap-box now......hope all gets sorted soon.

jamie
Edited by: goldfish66

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
These same faults happened to our 07 Sorento too. Blew an injector and oil rail on the M42. RAC took us home.Guess what? Stockport Kia said it hasn't happened before.
We also had an accelerator sender fault and water in passenger footwell, the car also has a flat spot at around 1800-2000rpm and none of the so-called KIA 'MECHANICS' have been able to fix it, either atStockport or Chester . NEVER, NEVER will we ever buy another KIA, what a bag of junk.KIA customer service is useless, their vehicles are useless and their dealers are useless.

·
Registered
887 Posts
Dealers useless I agree, the facelift sorento was subject ot a recall to prevent the injector coming loose, your dealer hasn't carried this out.
Not kias fault if the dealer can't be bothered to do thier job properly.
Theres an ecu upgrade for the flat spot, seems you have a dealer issue.

·
Registered
4 Posts
not all dealers useless, my local dealer is great. i had running problem with my sorento, went to 3 dealers,spent nearly 2k on new fuel pump and injectors, drove home from edinburgh and car stalled, had few days off work, took it to warwick kia, guys were very helpfull, found contamination in fuel tank, removed and cleaned the pickup, flushed lines cars done 30k no issues to report.

·
Registered
887 Posts
adswilltry said:
took it to warwick kia, guys were very helpfull, found contamination in fuel tank, removed and cleaned the pickup, flushed lines cars done 30k no issues to report.
Member Profile: adswilltry
<table border="0" cellpadding="2" cellspacing="1" width="100%"><t><tr><td>Location:</td>
<td>warwick</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td>Homepage:</td>
<td>
Not Given</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td>Occupation:</td>
<td>kia master tech</td></tr></t></table>

Never said ALL dealers are crap, I'd be putting myself down!
But I've met a lot of techs, and spoken to a lot of kia owners, and there are some real bad uns there, injector bolt recall has been missed by a lot, i know of 12 sorento owners I've 'assisted' to get thier local dealers to get bolt recall done as they are not actioning it.

·
Registered
662 Posts
injector bolt issue was never and has never been a recall issue its issued as a service action to be carried out when the cars came in for service as a dealer we have never seen one thats come loose but have replaced over 40 sets of bolts question is how many cars are running around who dont use dealers and therefore are missing out on thease service actions ( rio fuel pipe, ceed indicator stalks, magentis air bag wireing, sportage brake pads, sorento alternator bolt, sedona rear wheel bearings, sedona seat wireing, sportage cooling fan, ceed ecm upgrade) problem is these do not always show as outstanding on the kia system kia have supplied dealers with lists for cars they supplied as new but customers who are useing diffrent dealers are an issue that kia are looking at

·
Registered
887 Posts
I've repaired 3 sorentos where injectors have exited through the engine cover, and know of half a dozen more.
Paul, sounds like you actually do your job properly and check for campaigns, bit of a pain now they've removed them from the warranty screen, whioch is what a majority of other dealers are relying on rather than reading bulletins on portal/hotline.
The RBM's should get onto dealers about chasing up outstanding campaigns, have to send letters to customers to get them in for service campaigns.

Edited by: murphwiz

·
Registered
4 Posts
Sorry to hear of your probs. I have a 2003 V6 from new and have covered 60,000 and have hada few minor mechanical probs minor rust of the embellisment panel inside the rear door plastic wheel arch trim. I had lpg fitted and it runs great (at (currently) 51p a litre!)

·
Registered
4 Posts
I HAVE AN 04 SORENTO 111000 MILES NO PROBS .BEAR WITH IT .IT WILL BE GOOD

1 - 11 of 11 Posts