Kia Owners Club Forum banner
21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
I now have a date for mine, picking it up on Monday at 11am. Cant wait!

Just picked my registration, sitting beside myself with excitement!

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
I get the excitment gummibear, me to only 2 more sleeps for me.

Just realised how sad I sound, the girls at work will be pleased cos I've done their heads in keeping on about it.

Roll on wed

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
lots of people on here seem to be getting the Soul thru the motability scheme. When you get a car thru this - do you have to be concerned on its condition upon return?. For example - does the stone chipping have to be repaired etc?, are there mileage limitations etc?.

·
Registered
276 Posts
As long as the car goes back with 3 years "wear & tear" then it's OK -can't blame the owner for the state of the roads.

Your allowed 20k per year before your billed for excess milage.
You covered for Tax, Ins, RAC - all you have to dois feed the car.
Edited by: Taffy 49

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
what happens to the car then?....can the original user purchase it?.....does that preclude him/her from getting another?..... are the cars often modified from standard?..... i dont know much about the motability scheme.

·
Registered
276 Posts
The "Owner" has first option of buying it. It then goes for general sale. All cars are standard and are adapted if needed buy the dealer. At the end of 3 years on contract, you just pick another car and so on until you want to finnish.

Have a look on the Motability.co.uk site Tempest - tells you all on there - really good site

Day off today - gonna fone the dealer as to when I can pick the car up

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
So what is the benefit of the motability scheme?...... is it a cheaper way than doing it and buying a car yourself?.... do you lose say a disability benefit to pay for the motability?..... or am i being too nosey?.

·
Registered
276 Posts
If you qualify for Higher Rate DLA, then you qualify for Motability. DLA is made up ofMobility & Care Allowance. If you decide to have a car, depending on the make & model, it costs most or all of the mobility part - about £200+ish pm for me but for that, you literally only have to put fuel in - everythings included - carefree motoring.

Looks like it'll be Thurs or Friday for picking up the car.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Hi All

picked her up all nice and shiny. Fab Car already had some funny stares.

If the guys at Kia Lovekyn are reading this, thank you so much to Chris and sorry i have been a right royal pain in the butt.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Congrats Lisa, cant wait to pick mine up (only 4 more days!). Im off next week so get plenty of time to play with all the buttons etc lol. Fingers crossed you get yours tomorrow taffy.

EDIT: Getting my days confused, i mean saturday Taffy!
Edited by: gummibear1986

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
just use a simple car shampoo and warm water...... i use 2 bucket method......one bucket to put clean water on the car with and a second bucket to rinse out the sponge before putting it in the first bucket and then onto the car. The paint on my car was really really soft when it was new....hopefully its toughened with age and is now protected with the film stuff.

Then dry it off with a good chamois leather.... i also wax it regular....every 3 or 4 weeks.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Tempest, if you fancy trying out this method on mine when i get back from the dealer later your more than welcome
. Really cant wait, quite nervous about it as ive never had a brand new car before.

Just looked out the window, mynewbaby's going to get snowed on!

Edited by: gummibear1986

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
bring it over here and i will clean it for you - i was in peterborough
last week for the film protection - its a bloody long way!!!.

21 - 39 of 39 Posts