Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
Congrats................let us know what you think when you have it......pity we cant do pics on here....email me some, it would be nice to see whats changed on the dashboard.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Hi Guys & Gals

No Lisa, not heard a dickiebird, expecting the dealership to ring this morning. I've emailed Kia.UK with my anger & frustration over the whole episode. It's now been over 13 weeks since my order went in. I had a guy on the phone from Kia.UK trying to tell me it's due to high demand and then saying the Soul is made to order - total crap. He says he'll ring me on Monday with updates. I explained to the Kia man I looked forward to having the new car as a pressie BEFORE my birthday - that will never happen in future as Motability contracts go from when you pick the car up - and my birthdays today. The shine really has gone.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Congrats Lisa, hope you enjoy it when you get it. My delivery date has changed, i was due to get mine in the middle of December but spoke to the dealer yesterday and apparently its now delayed until end of decemberwhich would then take it to 10 weeks, that was for a vanilla shaker (non metallic colour).

Apparently the dealer told Kia that wasnt good enough (think my dealer knows me already!) and what could they do about it. As it turns out my dealer has a chocolate (metallic colour) shaker coming in a week, so Kia has agreed to pay the extra £395 for the metallic so i should be picking mine up by end of november. Going in on Monday to sort out finance and pick my plate.

Taffy, sorry to hear your are having trouble. 13 weeks is far too much, i would push for upgrades as a means of compensation. Really hope you get it sorted soon, keep us all posted.
PS - happy birthday!

Edited by: gummibear1986

·
Registered
276 Posts
Whoop!Whoop! - Just phoned the dealer.................................and the cars there HORAYYYYYYYYYYY. Came in yesterday.
Just have to change plate's and pick her up on Tuesday hopefully. I May have the only 57' Plate Soul in the UK.

Think I'll call her Lucy (short for ellusive)

Cheers Gummi, In talks with KIA.UK about compo. See what happens on Monday.
Edited by: Taffy 49

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
glad you got some good news taffy, i got my number plate yesterday so just need to sort some insurance out and roll on wednesday.

Looks like thay are finally coming good !!!!!

let us know when you get it and what you think.

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
i picked mine up on the 17th of the month.... but they taxed it a couple of days earlier - so the tax began from the month before and i only actually got 11 months tax..... so watch out for this trick.

·
Registered
433 Posts
When i picked up my sportage on 29 september the dealer taxed it for 12 months and a week at no cost to me, so get them to do this it costs them about a fiver a week its the least they can do.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Congrats hun

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Just spoke to dealer and they are going to tax it for 1yr and 1week. Thanks kiaman for the heads up on that info.

I'm so excited, roll on Wednesday.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Your more than welcome lisa, enjoy your early Christmas pressie

·
Registered
276 Posts
Kia UK were meant to ring me but no suprise, they didn't, so i'll be sending my complaint to Kia Head Office - see what they say.

There's been a "Burner" parked opposite the office all day - think Kia UK parked it there knowing I haven't got mine yet - not seen it before.
Edited by: Taffy 49

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
when are you collecting yours taffy, i thought it was today.

tempest, we have snow forcast for friday last year my dad picked up a brand new jag xf and we had loads of snow my road was like an ice rink.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts