Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all...

I picked up my 'new' used Ceed SW this afternoon and noticed in the back of the service book that there is a form to fill in and send off to KIA when there is a change of owner.

Does this really need to be done in order for the warranty to still be valid for the second owner? Its a 4 year old car with 20k but has the required 4 stamps in the book so its met all the criteria for the warranty so far.

Would KIA really refuse a claim if they havent been notified of a change in owner?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Not really sure, but probably better to be safe than sorry.

·
Registered
536 Posts
The most important reason to fill it in, is for Kia to inform you of updates & recalls to your car. The previous owner may have not bothered getting remedial work carried out and they will be able to notify you if this is the case. At the end of the day....is it really going to kill you to send it off? Better safe than sorry..

·
Registered
245 Posts
Agree with the other comments, if you plan to keep the car then notify Kia that you are the new owner using that form. You have nothing to lose, especially if you end up making a claim under the warranty.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah, all fair points. Its not a big deal like you say, just wondered if it was necessary or not as all the other cars I have bought have been out of warranty by the time I have bought them...

·
Registered
26 Posts
All above comments are good advice and sending the card off will allow Kia to keep you upto date. Enjoy the car I've had my 61 plate 3 weeks and one 1200 miles, so far its great

·
Registered
536 Posts
Another thing that used to happen with some manufactures is that they send freebies..., key ring or air freshner sorts of things as a welcome pack...might be worth the hassle...don't get your hopes up though

1 - 7 of 7 Posts