Kia Owners Club Forum banner

Picanto Zapp 56, 4 door speakers or two?

8K views 23 replies 5 participants last post by  DSS199 
#1 ·
Hi Guys

I have a Kia Picanto 56, Zapp which has a JVC radio. The radio supports 4 speakers, but when I fade to the rears on the display I hear no sound.

Can anyone confirm if the Zapp has speakers fitted in the rear.

Regards

Paul

#2 ·
Hi Paul , I've got a 54 plate lx and has in the rears but sounds like yours doesn't . If you want to fit ones in the rears there quite easy to do and I've got standards out of car at home in garage but recommend alpine type e door speakers from halfords at £39.99 a pair the size of them are 51/4 inch or 13 cm hope this helps Paul i'f you need any more info on audio I'm the audio whizz kid on here and have massive build in my car :) and i'f your stuck on settings or anything I'm willing to help you

#4 ·
Quite simple :) the hardest part is removing the door panels but there not too bad really I fitted both speakers in 1/2 hr but done quite alot of them before .
Should take no longer than 1hr and a bit i'f not done before .

Will load up pics of how to do it when the panel removed because I snipped the wires joining into speakers and crimped new saved loads of money on addapters :) which are a waste of money IMO

#5 ·
Hi Chris are you based down south ? If your local ish to me can do for you :) For free

Best to remove panels and take a looksy I've got a feeling the wires are there but i'f not are a bit more of a mission removing all inner seal covers and seat belt mount covers and feeding cables through them up the inner door glands and through to the door cards .

I've done this to my Amps and ain't for the faint hearted took me about half a day ! And that was non stop work but well worth it

What type speakers are you fitting the holes are for 13cm and I'm going for 16cm and cutting grills out and mounting tweeters above soon Edited by: Dano

#6 ·
My Zapp has the 2 wires feeding into the door, but no speakers. Could you send out some infor on the speakers which will fit. I just want to fit the standard ones, which won't need any drilling etc. I have the speaker grills in my door panels already.

Regards

Paul

#7 ·
The ones I've got at the mo are from halfords there alpine type E 13 cm ones 51/4 " £39.99 ish for two when I bought them and there clear and chrisp
And they fit straight in the doors with no problem at all .with out modification

You can use any 13cm speakers as long don't exceed 65mm in depth because windows hit them :) will post pics up tomoz when take some of car :)

#9 ·
My installation guide :) hope you all understand .
Hole screw locations behind caps

Once all the screws are removed you need to pull the door release handle firmly until it's released from lugs i'f won't . Give a firm push to the right to release from clips behind once this is removed and loose lift the whole panel up and remove from the door . As simple as that :) then hopefully wirings there i'f not let me know and can tell you best way to do I'm removing mine tomoz got new ones here :) but 6" lol bigger the better !

#13 ·
The 13cm fit front and back :) wiring mine was purple + and green /black -

Can you see what colours you've got and can tell you from the colours there :) you won't be disappointed with the alpines there nice and clear .
Just make sure there 55 w rms or close to that and your be fine :)

Here's little pic why I'maudio king on here lol my picanto
Edited by: Dano

#18 ·
Hi All

Just wanted to know, how you got the cables from the radio to the boot space?

How easy was it to remove the trim along the side of the car inside, near the door seals etc?

I have some cables to run and just wanted to know how to tackle it.

Regards

Paul

#19 ·
One of the easiest I've done Paul very easy really just remove the plastic popper clips and lift off of the seals and under the rear seats there's two screws and two plastic clips lower down and that's it really I was really suprised how easy it was because looks difficult .

What are you running ? Cables for rear camera or something or sensors sub ? ;)

#20 ·
Hi Dano

I am running interface cables for the head unit of my Ham radio, Icom IC2828. Have got most of it done now.

I still hsve my 2 wire actuator to fit and the interface unit for the fob. My Kia Picanto is central locking but with the key, no remote which is really strange.

Regards

Paul

#22 ·
Hi paul 13 cm will be fine :) I went for alpine ones type e for my starters here's my picy of my type s ones 13cm that I had in my rears . They just needed 1mm snipped off each corner mount I snipped of with side cutters because they come all made out of plastic and vary in size a little . You will need some female spade crimps too or you could solder them on you can wire the wires both way round bit best to wire green and black as - and black to +
I've put 6" components in mine now :) which was a mission but I like a challenge

Good luck it should go fine :)

#23 ·
Hi guys,

I know it's an old thread but was hoping someone could help,I can't get the winder handle off anyone got any ideas??

I can see behind the speaker and there no adapter ring for the speaker to go in? Is this the same as what is in the front? If so I can get some from a breakers.

#24 ·
Well finally got the handle off, it was between the door card and washer not the washer and the winder.

Now comes the tricky job of feeding wires into the doors as I have no wiring present for rear speakers

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.