Kia Owners Club Forum banner
21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Have you sorted this yet? sounds like the smartra (immob) unit. ignition on but no immo light on dash. this would give immob fault codes in ecu memory.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Does anyone know if this problem was ever sorted out as i have exactly the same symtoms with my 56 plate 1.1 picanto - i have tried everything ! Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi I am having exactly the same issues with my Picanto of the same year. How did you solve the problem? Where is the ECU?

·
Registered
6,446 Posts
Is it possible that the antenna coil isn't working? Its a common fault on all Kia models. On my '08 Rio crdi the immo light would fail to come on intermittently and the car wouldnt start. The coil can also totally fail. Sorry if this has been mentioned before and discounted

·
Registered
3,519 Posts
unless there is an obvious fault with it you need to start with a known issue which is the pickup coil.
easily fitted. no keys need coded. make sure the connections are good. kia connectors are not the best.

·
Registered
6,446 Posts
The pick up coil and antenna coil is the same thing. Cheap to buy and fit. It was f0ster who diagnosed this fault on my car and saved me £350

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have replaced the pick up coil twice and the problem is still there. The obd sensor does not find the ECU and the light does not come on.

·
Registered
4,990 Posts
I don't know what OBD reader you are using but Autel Maxiscan about a tenner on EBay reads picantos no problem.

·
Registered
3,519 Posts
kia connector blocks are notorious for poor connections inside, even if you have replaced the coil if you have used the kia connector block you might still have a poor connection, the sure way to eliminate it is to solder with heat shrink.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi there. This is my first post here. I have a 56 plate Picanto and it will not start. It is a 1.1 petrol. There is no spark and there is no fuel (Fuel pump under rear seat does not prime when ignition on). Also there is no engine check light nor no immobiliser light coming on at all even on ignition or when kranking. I put a diagnostic machine on it and i cannot read the ecu at all. Tried all protocols though EOBD and also through KIA OBD1. I dont know if this is because the engine ecu is faulty and not reading it or it is because the immobiliser is faulty and not unlocking the engine ecu. Maybe i am reading too much into it. Is this common on these cars. Any help would be great. Should also mention.

1. Car has not started from Friday Night (Xmas Eve) till i tried it today ( 4 Days in bad weather).

2. I tried the spare key just incase the key was faulty (no change, still same fault).

3. Battery has plenty of power. Was not flat at any time.

Hope i covered everything here.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts