Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

My Picanto has a loss of power and a slight misfire at times. A mechanic has carried out a compression test and has ruled out a head gasket problem. New plugs and leads have been fitted and the coolantsensor has been changed. He is at a loss trying to resolve the problem. The car is a 54 Plate and has only done 38,000 miles. Does anyone have any ideas what could be the issue.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Bonjour Aliw ,

It would be good practice to replace the fuel filter and also check that the breather hose is unblocked from any gunge as this would give similar symptoms of your problem, if notyou could possibly disconnect the battery for a short time as some cars react well when ecu resets when connected up again ,and would give you an idea if the troublelaysin the electronics in theecu.

I previously had a fiat punto mk2 and had misfire on very cold mornings and was due tolack ofelectronic current from a faulty battery ,simple things like this can play havoc with the ecu.

Goodluck.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Many thanks for the info, the air filter has been changed but I will give the fuel filter and breather hose ago.
Fingers crossed.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It now transpires that my Picanto could have a crankshaft problem !!
At one stage there was an advisory on this issue. All the symptoms being experienced can be answered by this diagnosis, however, someone has also suggested it could be the crankshaft movement sensor.

Has anyonehad similar problems.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi my Picanto had the problem of the loose pully which wrecked the crankshaft - and all because the garage did not do what Kia told them to!!! All replaced under warranty however. Easy enough to check - just ring Kia customer services with you vehicle details and they should be able to tell you if your vehicle is affected and if the mod has been done. The lack of power was prettey dramatic, not just a bit in my case but about half power.

good Luck

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Does Kia insist on a full service history to honour the goodwill gesture for the crankshaft. My car was serviced annually by a Kia garage during the full 3 year Warranty periodwith the first owner, however, the next owner did not have the book stamped. I have had the car serviced and the book stamped but there is a gap.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts