Kia Owners Club Forum banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

Registered
That's why I'm fitting the Power On Box to my GT instead of looking at the Fiesta ST. Then I can buy a Mustang or I something N if KIA does not go into performance! The Rio is the new downsized Family Car that may get a Bluespark!!!!!!!!.

Super Moderator
You know that you have to turn your head before indicating!
You mean it's not.

Manoeuvre, signal, mirror > Finger at driver honking 馃槀

Can't beat a good lifesaver :)

Registered
I just noticed something! The engine in the normally aspirated models....it's gone backwards compared to the previous one! The previous model (what I have) was 1248 cc with 62 kW and 122 Nm of torque. The new one is 1,197 cc - same power but 115 Nm of torque.

I don't get it. I thought they might have made a mistake in quoting it but if they have made a mistake, they have made it 5 times - on the four model listings in the specifications and also in the downloadable brochure.

This is disappointing. Kia seems to be making a habit of this. The new models have inferior engines to the models they are replacing. It's happened twice to the Rio and now the Picanto too!

Registered
I just noticed something! The engine in the normally aspirated models....it's gone backwards compared to the previous one! The previous model (what I have) was 1248 cc with 62 kW and 122 Nm of torque. The new one is 1,197 cc - same power but 115 Nm of torque.

I don't get it. I thought they might have made a mistake in quoting it but if they have made a mistake, they have made it 5 times - on the four model listings in the specifications and also in the downloadable brochure.

This is disappointing. Kia seems to be making a habit of this. The new models have inferior engines to the models they are replacing. It's happened twice to the Rio and now the Picanto too!
That's really odd, I doubt it does much for performance (especially of the auto version). Strange that they've changed it, pity as I rather like the engine in ours (2017 plate, JA Automatic).

Registered
The new base model is also 17kg heavier, but those that buy the base model or auto aren't driven by performance and if they were then the Picanto GT or the RIO would be a better option.

Registered
That's really odd, I doubt it does much for performance (especially of the auto version). Strange that they've changed it, pity as I rather like the engine in ours (2017 plate, JA Automatic).
Well in view of the engine downsize (as small as it is) I actually might be more inclined to get the manual this time around especially since where I now live autos are not really a necessity. I can only surmise they have done this perhaps for emissions reasons - that 1,197 cc engine appears to meet more requirements than the 1,248 cc version. I sure would hate to think that Kia otherwise wanted to save $25 per car by doing this....

I will be interested to see what engines are available in the UK and European models.

Registered
The new base model is also 17kg heavier, but those that buy the base model or auto aren't driven by performance and if they were then the Picanto GT or the RIO would be a better option.
I wonder where the extra weight came from? The only difference I can really see with the new model is the 1,197 cc engine and the wider touch screen. Hard to understand why it is now 17 Kg heavier! But at least the manual is still 3 Kg lighter than the older automatic! ;)

Registered
Discussion Starter #28
Latest update is for my MY21 GT 1.0 is to arrive in Western Australia first week in December (with apparent build date being end September)-
So the wait goes on.
Was supposed to have been mid November!!

21 - 32 of 32 Posts