Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have orderred a GT Manual in Australia, but dealer are unable to give even approximate delivery time, so I am looking to cancel my order , as I have that option.

What experience do others have with KIa?

10 years ago I bought a Ford Focus ST (XR5 In Australia) and was able to track it from assembly, onto ship, port of arrival etc right through to delivery, yet Kia seem to have zero idea when my car would even be built which is seriously poor.

Are Kia really that choatic?

·
Super Moderator
3,362 Posts
I guess part of the issue is Covid 19. Which effects not only your country, but also where the cars are manufactured, which then have to be shipped. It could be that they have not yet started production of the MY21 Picanto to ship to Aus or even scheduled a start . Which would mean that the dealer would not be able to get any dates.

·
Registered
486 Posts
I have orderred a GT Manual in Australia, but dealer are unable to give even approximate delivery time, so I am looking to cancel my order , as I have that option.

What experience do others have with KIa?

Are Kia really that choatic?
The MY21 Picanto is not even on the website here yet but I have seen them at Castle Hill and at work a GT Line in the carpark.

I have bought a few KIAs through Penrith and they are good which is why we go back!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I am in Perth and several dealers already have MY21 cars - but only the GT Line version in Automatic.

·
Registered
486 Posts
I am in Perth and several dealers already have MY21 cars - but only the GT Line version in Automatic.
There is your answer then as they are still on the boat! Your dealer will only have information on allocated stock which yours probably isn't unless you have been given a VIN in your contract.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Unfortunately not on the boat ( the current one or next months)
I gave up with dealers and contacted Kia direct. Likely date is mid November but still not guaranteed.
Sort of makes me wonder if I should wait for 2021 plated car. Would have better resale in a few years time.

·
Registered
486 Posts
Depends whether you want the new look and bigger screen. Engine is the same, so maybe a good deal on a runout. Did they have any MY20 as they are rare over this side of the country?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Depends whether you want the new look and bigger screen. Engine is the same, so maybe a good deal on a runout. Did they have any MY20 as they are rare over this side of the country?
There is only one MY20 - 2020 GT manual demo I have found in Perth - It is black, which is unfortunately the last colour I would pick for such a small car. At least I got a demo drive of this manual/ turbo
There are several MY21 non turbo GT Line automatics at local dealers, as auto seems to be the favourite these days, but again not for me. That seems our total stock in WA.

·
Registered
118 Posts
The Australian website (today) has been updated for MY21 Picanto S and Picanto GT Line showing our local specs
Finally. It took them long enough. But I wonder if they should have shown pictures of the S models as well since my understanding is they only exhibit very subtle changes over the previous model and thus look very different to the GT Line and GT models - especially so this time around. Might be considered a little misleading - I could only find one tiny little picture of the "S" - barely thumbnail in size - and it did not even have the new style wheel covers.

As an aside, I am happy to see the continuation of the 14" alloys as an OEM accessory. If I am ever released from my Victorian home detention prison such that my car actually has a purpose in life once again I have my eyes on a set of those!

·
Registered
486 Posts
Accessories have remained unchanged ( or out of date ) as it still shows the last version 16 inch wheels. I looked at the new model picanto S being delivered when we ordered the Rio. It looks to on the surfsce only have 175 65 14 tyres and new hubcaps along with larger 8" touch screen and different interior pattern. A set of new 14" mags from Bob Jane is only $450 a set fitted.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Finally. It took them long enough. But I wonder if they should have shown pictures of the S models as well since my understanding is they only exhibit very subtle changes over the previous model and thus look very different to the GT Line and GT models - especially so this time around. Might be considered a little misleading - I could only find one tiny little picture of the "S" - barely thumbnail in size - and it did not even have the new style wheel covers.

As an aside, I am happy to see the continuation of the 14" alloys as an OEM accessory. If I am ever released from my Victorian home detention prison such that my car actually has a purpose in life once again I have my eyes on a set of those!
This is the S of Kia Australia site- I have used some software to upsize the image . Not ideal but gives overall shape.
kia-picanto-s_output-studio.jpg

·
Registered
15 Posts
I'll be honest I'm super disppointed in Kia Australia for not offering more options for the 2021 Picanto.
I own a 2020 GT (well, MY19 but rego in Feb - took three months to arrive)

We don't get ANY of the tech places like South Korea get, I was seriously going to upgrade if they gave Lane Follow Assist or Auto for the GT but we got NONE of the below:
  • Lane Follow Assist (steers car)
  • Blind spot monitoring
  • Cross traffic alert
  • CLIMATE CONTROL...
  • Sunroof
  • Automatic on GT model
The list goes on.. Seriously super pissed with Kia, I'd have spent like 25k for just LFA and an auto lol

·
Registered
486 Posts
I'll be honest I'm super disppointed in Kia Australia for not offering more options for the 2021 Picanto.
I own a 2020 GT (well, MY19 but rego in Feb - took three months to arrive)

We don't get ANY of the tech places like South Korea get, I was seriously going to upgrade if they gave Lane Follow Assist or Auto for the GT but we got NONE of the below:
  • Lane Follow Assist (steers car)
  • Blind spot monitoring
  • Cross traffic alert
  • CLIMATE CONTROL...
  • Sunroof
  • Automatic on GT model
The list goes on.. Seriously super pissed with Kia, I'd have spent like 25k for just LFA and an auto lol
Apart from the Sunroof, the only other option should be keyless start!

What blindspot does a Picanto have? You know that you have to turn your head before indicating!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Apart from the Sunroof, the only other option should be keyless start!

What blindspot does a Picanto have? You know that you have to turn your head before indicating!
I think it actually comes with keyless start :)

Hahah I love the car because you can see out of it in any direction with ease, but it's great to have the tech if they make it available.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I seriously considered it, but I'm trying to be more financially responsible. I'll keep it for a couple more years and then hopefully buy the next-gen rio at the time.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts