Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

Registered
MY21 Stonic GT-Line S ISG MHEV iMT - sw220211 - map14.47.48.631.401.5
The strobing in that video is more likely due to the refresh rate of the screen. No idea what rate they are refreshing at but they are usually not detectable by the human eye unless it is refreshing slower than usual.

Registered
The strobing in that video is more likely due to the refresh rate of the screen. No idea what rate they are refreshing at but they are usually not detectable by the human eye unless it is refreshing slower than usual.
From what I gather (I may have misunderstood) the OP is seeing it "live" in their vehicle so I would have thought Kia would easily have been able to eliminate this if it was unintended and due to a hardware limitation. I am interested to know as well since this new screen appears on all new model Australian Picantos regardless of trim level.

Registered
I watched the video again after being in the car. I must admit I had never looked at the digital speed with enough attention to notice it: even in my Stonic which uses the same cluster display, I can see the background is 鈥榓nimated鈥 but in my case is very subtle and not as evident as in the video. Mind you this was today in bright daylight. I鈥檒l look again if I drive when it鈥檚 dark. I certainly wouldn鈥檛 describe it as a strobing effect, more like a 鈥榮creen refresh鈥 effect and it doesn鈥檛 seem to matter what speed im currently travelling at.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I watched the video again after being in the car. I must admit I had never looked at the digital speed with enough attention to notice it: even in my Stonic which uses the same cluster display, I can see the background is 鈥榓nimated鈥 but in my case is very subtle and not as evident as in the video. Mind you this was today in bright daylight. I鈥檒l look again if I drive when it鈥檚 dark. I certainly wouldn鈥檛 describe it as a strobing effect, more like a 鈥榮creen refresh鈥 effect and it doesn鈥檛 seem to matter what speed im currently travelling at.
Can't be a screen refresh as it changes speed. Also you can change the look of this and even stop it via the themes option. Hope this helps

Registered
for me it doesn鈥檛 change with speed: its there when moving, but not faster it slower. Changed theme and the animation stopped. But I don鈥檛 really see how it can be related to radar/forward collision. I think it鈥檚 just a subtle animation that鈥檚 all. Nothing that would impress me really.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts