Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife has just purchased a July 2017 Picanto, 3 model. When she goes to open the drivers door there is a beeping sound to let you know the door is open. This happens every time she gets into her car and has started to become annoying. Strangely there is no beep when the passenger door or rear doors are open

I own a 2016 Kia Ceed Sportswagon and that doesnt beep when you open the drivers door, so not sure why it's doing it on the Picanto?

I can't find anything in the user guide or online so wondering if anyone on this forum knows how to turn the beep off?

Thank you

·
Registered
Kia Niro 3 PHEV (70-plate) Horizon Blue
3,956 Posts
My wife has just purchased a July 2017 Picanto, 3 model. When she goes to open the drivers door there is a beeping sound to let you know the door is open. This happens every time she gets into her car and has started to become annoying. Strangely there is no beep when the passenger door or rear doors are open

I own a 2016 Kia Ceed Sportswagon and that doesnt beep when you open the drivers door, so not sure why it's doing it on the Picanto?

I can't find anything in the user guide or online so wondering if anyone on this forum knows how to turn the beep off?

Thank you
I would think you would find it in "driver assistance" on the steering wheel buttons. There are numerous sounds you can have on my 2018 Niro through this route!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This is definitely a warning sound of some sort.

I can understand if you are in the car and a door is left open then you want to be warned, but not when you unlock the vehicle and then open the drivers door.

Looking at the outline of the car on the dash it's only showing the drivers door open, so it's not caused by another door not closed properly.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What does your manual say about this alarm? Maybe it can be turned off.
Can't find anything in the manual.. was hoping another Picanto owner could advise if this is a feature of the 2017 onwards model or whether it's unique to my wife's car (and so needs turning off somehow)

·
Registered
1,823 Posts
This will work off a switch located on the door pillar I think.. try this...open the door locate the switch and if its beeping press the switch with your finger.. this will tell the door its now closed.. now if and when you open the door does your interior light come on or do you keep that switched off like I did on my venga ?.. if you keep the interior light activation off when you open the door then you could remove the switch from the pillar and disconnect it electrically [disconnect the connector ] and that should stop the beeping permanently..

·
Registered
Kia Niro 3 PHEV (70-plate) Horizon Blue
3,956 Posts
This will work off a switch located on the door pillar I think.. try this...open the door locate the switch and if its beeping press the switch with your finger.. this will tell the door its now closed.. now if and when you open the door does your interior light come on or do you keep that switched off like I did on my venga ?.. if you keep the interior light activation off when you open the door then you could remove the switch from the pillar and disconnect it electrically [disconnect the connector ] and that should stop the beeping permanently..
If your car doesn't have autofolding door mirrors (or if they are turned off) it's a good chance that the beep is the car telling you that the alarm has been disarmed and it's OK to open the door. Does it beep when you lock it?

·
Registered
92 Posts
I was perplexed by this sound when my Picanto 3 came back from its second service this year under my ownership. I guess they tested all the lights and left the fog lights in the on position, because I had never heard this sound ever until it went in for this service. Took me a while to figure it out when I got back home, due to the lack of signposts the car gives you about it. :)

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Sorry for changing the subject but @MarkyPancake as you have the same model car...

• Do you have to acknowledge the message on the entertainment display every time you start the car?
  • Does the screen always start up with the home screen showing the sat nav on the left hand side?

My wife only uses it for the DAB radio and wonders if it can default to the DAB screen when she starts the car (like it does on my Kia Cee'd model 3)

She's only had the car a few weeks and is trying to get used to all the extras that she's never had on a car before!

Thank you

·
Registered
200 Posts
"Sorry for changing the subject "...
Why don't you start a new topic with the correct heading so that your problem will be seen by people who may have the answer?

·
Registered
92 Posts
Sorry for changing the subject but @MarkyPancake as you have the same model car...

• Do you have to acknowledge the message on the entertainment display every time you start the car?
  • Does the screen always start up with the home screen showing the sat nav on the left hand side?
The message you refer to appears on the infotainment screen every time I turn on the car, but goes away after a few / several seconds without any input from me and then it displays its default homescreen of map on the left and radio on the right. So, to answer your next question, no I cannot change this default homescreen or this behaviour.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The message you refer to appears on the infotainment screen every time I turn on the car, but goes away after a few / several seconds without any input from me and then it displays its default homescreen of map on the left and radio on the right. So, to answer your next question, no I cannot change this default homescreen or this behaviour.
Thanks again @MarkyPancake - We left the message on for a while and can confirm it goes off on it's own after a while.
Still strange that you need to see it as it doesn't appear on my Kia.

A shame you can't change the home screen as it's not everyone who wants to see on a map where they are currently located every step of the way. But it's easy enough to click on the DAB for that menu to appear :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts