Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi-I am new to Kia Picanto owners forum.I have a question, do any other 13" wheels fit a picanto.
Having great difficulty trying to locate a spare 13" Wheel
Regards davyo

·
Registered
4,912 Posts
You can get a complete spare wheel kit from your Kia dealer. Rim fitted with tyre,wheel brace and jack all complete with new polystyrene insert to hold jack ect in place. We have bought them for all 4 ofourPicanto s

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for the advice, but not in a position to buy a spare wheel kit.Really just require a second hand wheel, with or without tyre.
Was wondering if any other make of wheel will fit Picanto
Regards DAVYO

·
Registered
4,912 Posts
If you dont get a picanto rim there is a possibility that your Kia wheel trims will not fit.Look on E BAY and type in picanto wheel, there were some second hand ones a few days ago.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the posting
Have kept my eye on E-Bay but most listings are for 14" Wheels.Picanto 13" wheels seem very rare. I only require one as a spare.
My Picanto has 13" wheels and no spare. I have had a puncture in which the side wall was damaged.
Fortunatly I was only 100 yards from a tyre place, so replacement was no problem.
But am concerned if it happens again I will not be so lucky.
So require a spare 13" rim,with or without a tyre to cary for emergency. But they do not seem to be available
Regards Dave

·
Registered
4,912 Posts
There is one on E-BAY thismorning complete with tyre fits all Picantos 2004 to 2011.Present bid £20. Item no 110822538616 hope this helps.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Many thanks for the interest
. But E-Bay item quoted, is ,if you look carefully is for a 14" rim.It seems 13" wheels are hard to come by.Regards DAVYO

·
Registered
4,912 Posts
I am very curious as to what model you have as i have never come across a picanto with 13 inch in 8 years of owning picantos and we have 4 of them at the moment from 04 to 59 reg .

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi-Thank you for your interest, the Picanto is a 2005 1.1LX 5 door. The manual says the wheel is 4.5J x 13" Tyre size is 155/70 R13. Which is the same as the wheels fitted.It seems impossible to obtain a second hand wheel to use as a spare.
Hence my enquiry if any other wheel would fit. Just to carry as a spare.
Best Wishes DAVYO

·
Registered
86 Posts
Hi davyo,
Your best chance if you do not want to pay dealer prices is the scrap yard,there must be the odd one in them now.

Gazcaz.

·
Registered
4,912 Posts
I have spoken to my son today he has worked at Hyundai and Kia dealerships.The 13 inch was used for markets such as India.So the hub should be the same size as the 14 inch. He said if you go on www.etyres.co.uk tyre-size-calculator, and put in details of 155 70 13 and 165 60 14 you will see there is only 7mm difference between the two.You can get this much wear between tyres,therefore you would be OK topurchasea used 14 inch to use as spare to get you out of trouble.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Not ideal and if it was left on at time of mot it is a failure. Any picanto "s" which later became a picanto "1" had 13 inch wheels. Seems very strange that your lx has them as they were always 14 inch. I think someone has swapped them as that was not original..... A 13"wheel will only be about 35 pounds from main dealer.

·
Registered
4,912 Posts
He is only looking for a wheel to get him home .We have 4 lx and all 14 inch.All the years my son worked a Kia dealership he never see a Picanto with 13 inch.He is no longer there as he is now service manager at a Ford dealership,but as he has said if only a cheapsecond-handwheel is wanted it will be easier to find a 14 inch.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts