Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone got any feedback on the new1litre picanto, mainly engine performanceand economyie, is it underpoweredfor town use and the occasional motorwayand is the fuel economy any thing like the specssuggest its for my daughter and she mainly uses her car around town and dual carriageways
thanks in advance for any help

·
Registered
324 Posts
I'm very happy with my 1.0 litre 3 door. Having had a Citroen C2 1.4 turbodiesel before, obviously the Picanto has much less torque, but I have adjusted my driving style to suit the more 'revvy' engine.There's plenty of performance above 3000 rpm, so if you need to overtake, you'll have to use the gears.
I'm in the middle of doing an accurate fuel consumption test, but my initial impressions are that the car is reasonably economical PROVIDED you drive like a saint. I got 354 miles out of the last tank in mixed conditions (hilly county, half B roads and half town). It took 26. 1 litres to fill up, giving 61.57 mpg. If you use the power more, the economy drops sharply. That's something I didn't have with my previous car (see above). The difference between eco-driving and spirited driving was not so marked with the 1.4 turbodiesel.
Still, that was a £12500 car, with high-pressure, direct-injection technology, where the Picanto is £8400, and has low-pressure, indirect injection technology (as do most petrol cars still). I take the view that I have saved £4000 on the purchase price (over a diesel supermini), and can use that to buy a lot of petrol...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Don't think you're going to get the 60mpg you might expect, we're getting 45 to 50. Engine's a bit rough and is a swine to start on cold mornings. Looked a good package in the ads but actually not properly developed yet, I'd wait.

·
Registered
187 Posts
I have a 3 door 1 liter. Mine is not rough and mine is not hard to start. I have done over a 1000 miles and its loosened upnicely. What mine does not like is shell petrol, running on sainsburys and its as sweet as a nut.Smooth, quiet andeconomical

·
Registered
234 Posts
I'd go for the 1.25 engine it's more advanced and a lot smoother and in the real world will give you better mpg you would'nt need to thrash it,i'd guess 47mpg as i have the same engine in my Rio and i'm averaging 42-44 (not fully run in yet) and feel the power even in the Rio is adequate.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for comments guys they were very useful, i note the petrol recommendations with interest,
my daughter has now ordered a 1ltr 1 3 door and my wife took a shine to the 1.25ltr 2 eco so we ended up ordering that as well, turned out to be an expensive day

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Not anymore davy

·
Registered
6 Posts
I love my Picanto 1, had it for 4 months now. The mpg is around 46, i only use the guide on the dash, it was a bit higher when making a few motorway journeys. It performs very well on the motorway a lot better than expected, easily cruising along at 70+. Plenty of room inside and the boot. Love it!

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
Good afternooneveryone,

I'mglad to see such good feedback on the Picanto, it's such a great car. You can find more product reviews on our Facebook page. There's also a chanceto enter our competition to win a brand new Picanto Equinox. Good luck!

http://www.facebook.com/#!/kiamotorsuk?sk=app_165583773537922

Kia Customer Services

0845 6017521

Visit www.kia.co.uk

Join In www.facebook.com/kiamotorsuk

Enjoy www.youtube.com/kiamotorsuk

<H4>Call centre opening hours</H4>
<DIV ="ingTimes fcx">
<TABLE><T>
<T>
<TR>
<TD ="left">Monday to Wednesday:</TD>
<TD ="right">8:30am - 6pm</TD></TR>
<TR>
<TD ="left">Thursday:</TD>
<TD ="right">9:30am - 6pm</TD></TR>
<TR>
<TD ="left">Friday:</TD>
<TD ="right">8:30am - 6pm</TD></TR>
<TR>
<TD ="left">Saturday:</TD>
<TD ="right">9am - 1pm</TD></TR>
<TR>
<TD ="left">Sunday:</TD>
<TD ="right">Closed</TD></TR></T></TABLE>

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.