Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Just bought a picanto 1.0 on friday. Only done a few miles really (approx 30 - 50) and mainly on motorway mainly keeping a constant speed of 70mph. I filled the tank friday and im at half a tank already and iv hardly done any miles. supposed to be good on fuel but the c1 i had didnt drink the fuel half as much as this seems to be.

anyone else have the same problem or knows of anything that may be causing it?

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
Chambers you wont get anywhere near the same consumption as you did on the C1, I know of two people who have the C1 petrol 3 cylinder model and they get 70 to the gallon. There aint a Kia out there that could match that.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Check & replace if needed air filter,check tyre pressures also,suggest dropping down to 60MPH if you can bear it as these small engines rev higher with low gear ratio's and cannot pull high gears required for M'way economy.

·
Registered
4,992 Posts
As above dropmotorwayspeed to 60 and consumption can be as much as 10 mpg difference. We have 4 Picantos and i replace air filters every 12 months regardless of mileage done.

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
The biggest muncher of fuel is accelerating briskly. Let the speed build up gradually and its amazing how much less fuel is used.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the comments people. Just doesnt seem right. I was getting a better fuel consumption on my grand vitara 1.6 and tgat usedto drink the fuel. I will get the air filter checked.Tyre pressures are as good as can be.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Unfortunately, as has been said, the picanto does not get great fuel economy for it's size. The 1.0is underpowered, and needs tobe worked to get up to speed which drinks the fuel.Try changing the oil if it is old or dirty, this may help a little and cruise60mph or less on the motorway to improve your figures.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts