Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I currently have a 66 plate Kia Ceed CRDi 3 and I’m having trouble playing music /listening to content though the USB or listening to it via Bluetooth while it’s attached to the USB to charge. This was never an issue on my Sportage. Can anyone help please?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I’ve driven many different kias for years and not had a problem to bring up so I suppose that’s positive. :)

I can use my lightening cable plugged into the USB port to charge my iPhone and I can use Bluetooth to play audio through but not at the same time. It says ‘No media files’ or something to that effect, also I used to be able to just plug my phone in and play it like an iPod without Bluetooth on my other car however this does not work either. Which is annoying as I do a lot of long journeys and love listening to an audiobook however my phone battery drains.
Many thanks

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
Can anyone help please?
Welcome to the forum, 'Gem'.

A little more information, as requested in post #2 would be useful but is your car equipped with Apple CarPlay & Android Auto?

Do you have your phone set up to allow tethering in order to have wi-fi available? Whether you have or haven't, there are quite a few readers of these pages who can help with connectivity problems if indeed that is the problem.

Good luck with it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Welcome to the forum, 'Gem'.

A little more information, as requested in post #2 would be useful but is your car equipped with Apple CarPlay & Android Auto?

Do you have your phone set up to allow tethering in order to have wi-fi available? Whether you have or haven't, there are quite a few readers of these pages who can help with connectivity problems if indeed that is the problem.

Good luck with it.
No, don’t have apple car play. Do I need to have my phone set up for tethering? This is something I’ve never experienced. I’ve always just been plug and go in my other kias.

·
Registered
605 Posts
Are you sure the phone is allowing the car access? I'm on android but if I don't accept the new access request, the phone won't give access and act like a flash/USB stick/ipod.
From what you've said either the car isn't pinging the phone for access or the phone is rejecting the request. Do you get anything on the phone when you plug the cable into the car?

·
Registered
605 Posts
No, don’t have apple car play. Do I need to have my phone set up for tethering? This is something I’ve never experienced. I’ve always just been plug and go in my other kias.
No, apple car play is screen mirroring, what you're trying to do is direct data access.

·
Registered
1 Posts
No, apple car play is screen mirroring, what you're trying to do is direct data access.
i've started to experience the same problem this morning.

it appears that the bluetooth icon is missing from my centre console.The phone is hsowing as being connected to dock connector but can't play through the stereo

How do i switch the bluetooth back on in the cee'd ( 13 plate - NO AIRPLAY)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts