Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For the first time since I have had the car I tried to pair my HTC Sensation via Bluetooth. The phone was detected, I entered the passcode, it paired, the phone said that SPORTAGE was asking to use the address book which I allowed then the car display changed to a phone which it is now stuck on. No touch screen controls are responding and neither are the physical buttons. I can hear the radio and adjust the volume but the steering wheel controls are also not working and the parking camera does not come on. This happened about 20 minuites ago. Am I panicking and do I need to just leave the car off for a while or is it bricked? :(
Edited by: PowStu

·
Registered
844 Posts
I had similar issues with my HTC desire when I tried to connect. I turned off BT on the phone parked the car overnight and everything was ok but when I tried the HTC again same thing happened. I blamed the car but at first but it was the phone. I ended updating the HTC to 2.3 (gingerbread). The phone address books calling lists voice activation worked perfect for two weeks. Then car would not connect to HTC again. I soft booted the HTC and everything is working again. So my conclusion to this is its the BT system on the phone which is causing the trouble and not the cars system.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Its probably worth trying disconnecting the battery for 5mins then reconnect it to reboot everything

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Panic over, I started the car this morning and it is back to normal. Thanks for the advice. I agree that it is the phone and not the car. Neither are faulty, just a compatibility issue. Maybe I'll try again after updating to Ice Cream Sandwich.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts