Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have managed to pair my nokia with my sportage without any difficulties but it doesn't transfer my contacts, which according to instruction manual it should. Have deleted the phone several times but still isn't working. When I try and call a number manually, I just get "pardon" all the time but yet it responds to my voice for other commands so that isn't the issue

Any suggestions? Other than than am loving the new sportage.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Not all Nokia's have PBAB functionality, which you need to connect to the New Sportage built-in Bluetooth Phone address book. I've just picked up my new sportage and my Nokia E72 doesn't have PBAB - changing phone to an iPhone now.
Best to check the phone spec - if the phone doesn't have PBAB then you can't transfer the contacts. My wife's blackberry is PBAB enabled and it works a treat !!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Have now discovered that the contacts have been transferred but it doesn't recognise any of the names when I say them yet the voice recognition works ok, e.g. i can call by number and then it brings the name up when I dial that particular number. Weird! I did manage to get a list of phones that are compatible with it, funnily enough the E72 was listed but you said it didn't work for you. A hassle to change phones though, particularly if you are under contract.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Hi,

I have the same problem. I have a 1.7D GSE with noSat Nav and I'm using a Samsung Galaxy S. The system will not recognise very simple names like Michelle, Jim, Barry. It always thinks I have said a different name, but pronounces the names it thinks I have said strangely. e.g. Barry is consistently repeated back to me as Batty. Yes, it is funny, but it sounds like the system is confusing the letter R with the letter T. If I ask it to call Batty, it says the number does not exist.

However, it will consistently recognise David. It will also recognise spoken numbers quite well, so I don't think it is a hardware problem. It sounds like the voice recognition software needs a tweak.

As a work around, you can use the 'Add Entry' by voice option to enter your own voice tags, which are stored in the car (not the phone). These should be recognised perfectly as it is matching your own voice.

Other bluetooth issues since collection 10 days ago:

> Erratic connection to Samsung after switching engine on/off. Sometimes I have to turn the phone off and back on to re-establish a connection.
> I made a call while driving yesterday but the person didn't answer. They called me straight back, but the call was not answered by the Sportage. Instead it rang on the phone as if it wasn't connected
> With the connected icon showing on both the car display and the phone, when I try to make a call it tells me ''No connected Phone"
> Tried to call 3 different numbers yesterday. It wouldn't connect the calls at all after speaking the number. My phone signal was strong, but it just failed without any message.

I have tried deleting and re-pairing the phone with the car as suggested in another topic, but it has not improved. I brought the car in for a dealer inspection yesterday. They are going to report the issue to Kia tomorrow and will let me know.It definitely sounds like there is a common issue here, so the more people report this to Kia, I suppose the better chance we have of getting a solution.

Barry

·
Registered
96 Posts
Hi Chris,

Apologies, I thought I had replied to this.Yes, I got the list thanks very much, but if you have a newer copy, would you mind sending the link again please?
My phone is supported, but I have upgraded the OS to a newer version than the one in the list.
I might roll back to the listed version and see if that helps. It's pretty much not usable as is.

Thanks again,

Barry

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hi Barry,

no worries, I have the list to hand here. It is apparently the latest one from KIA HQ although it is still dated as Sept 2010 ???

Chris

·
Registered
288 Posts
i had similar broblems with the voice thing on my mk 2 sportage i was using a parrot mki 9200 great bit of kit once you got the hang ofcallng out your contacts in a weird fasion
i think it may be a regional acent thing the systems will be programed to reconise perfect dialect

(im on dodgy ground here i think) but you get where im coming from

·
Registered
19 Posts
Many thanks Craig, I know what you mean about regional accents and cars hearing what they wanted to hear. I have only just got shot of our 3 year Lexus, whose voice command system was not bad at all. Funniest of things though, when you were at your wits ends and the thing would not recognise any of your voice commands, a prompt f off word explitive the systems wouldcome back with, "now showing nearest airport".... work that one out...

·
Registered
165 Posts
Hi all, also having fun and games with the voice commands. My phone is a sony ericsson and I am having the same problem with recognising names. It can be funny but very frustrating. The wife is called Marieanne and that comes out as matalan and son Daryl comes out as dazzle. Home is Huume.

·
Registered
19 Posts
According to the list given to me by KIA, these are the Sony phones that are suitable with the bluetooth??

However this may not be helpful with the names etc lol....

Satio U1 1218-9500_R2AK006 18-02-10    

Aino U10 R7BA084prg1223-3004_GENERIC_RA    
Vivaz U5 1224-4699_R2CA024 13-04-10    
Xperia X10i 1.6 Build: R2BA020    
Xperia X10 mini E10i 1.6 Build no.: 1.0.A.1.36    

W205 R1CD001 1223-5647   

Edited by: chris348

·
Registered
109 Posts
Hi I've got a Nokia - a really pants work issue one 3109c - which I have paired and the contacts have transferred across ?but it does not recognise the names as you would say them i.e.

Dan Brown should be said as Brown, Dan - This might help

·
Registered
2 Posts
Is PBAB the same as PBAP?? My Nokia 215 says it has PBAP 1.0 and tho' I can connect and receive/send calls (manual entry of no.), I cannot access the phone list on the mobile phone. My old Nokia 310 does the whole lot. Any ideas why the 215, despite being Bluetooth 3.0 and PBAP, will not give me the same full function.
Ceed is 3 years old but falls in Sportage class.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts