Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
why is the on screen name list back to front ie jo blogs reads blogs joim usin an iphone 4 and all names are the correct way round any one any idea how to make it read correct

·
Registered
97 Posts
Im afraid to say thats the way it is :( most of our company blackberrys are defaulted to this also. Search via surname first.

But like you i have my personal iphone set to Firstname then Surname.

Its a pain but you get used to it.

·
Registered
216 Posts
its because the whole sat nav/phone system is 5h1te. I cant believe they can get away with marketing a system so poor that it will not accept a postcode and likewise will not pair and exchange phoebook details with many modern mobiles.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
iv down loaded the new firmware up date so will put that in tonight ill see if it makes any difference

·
Registered
260 Posts
Oooh let us know how you get on Craig and if it improves anything I'll be after a copy.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
no probs bud ill try and do it this week end im just keeping tabs on the other forumthink we may loose our video thow
access to the hidem menu is lost for now but it must be there some where
i can live with that for now

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
bowie has a link for the files on the other site if it works ill up load themits a bit of a guddle getting them

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
What firm ware are you on paul
My update is going in as I speak bit of luck it sorts out a few issues
How is your iPhone set or first last , last first

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Up date done here is the details of what's gone in
Bluetooth. 2.6.8
Firmware 1.4.1
System software 5.1.3
Map 309e7a2

So far it seems faster moving about settings
Bluetooth audio now streaming from iphone 4
( I had to uninstall switch off both phone and head unit then re connect Bluetooth )
That's as far as iv got need to do some work now
You can get the files from rapidshare 16 in all if I remember 2.5 gig aprox once you have them all unzip with winrar you should end up with a file called KIA open this and transfer the contents to the root of a memory stick ( one that's big enough to take it ) hen turn car and radio on then simply plug in to USB socket and follow the on screen instructions
Pics of piss
It took about an hr to install the update so keep the engine running

·
Registered
97 Posts
Nice one CraigW

I have a feeling my system has this already installed. Will check at lunch. My car is only a week old. Label under the bonnet states 23/08/2011.

But then i guess that doesnt mean the satnav unit hasnt been sat on a parts shelf for god knows how long lol.

Have to say though i have had no issues streaming music via bluetooth.

Wonder if there is a way to backup the existing firmware before flashing?

Edited by: Datamonkey

·
Registered
97 Posts
Hey Craig,

Can confim my car already has that loaded.

But it would appear i have a newer map database

Software Version = 5.1.3
BT Version = 2.6.8
Navigation version = 2011.05.25
Map database version = 310E7A2
Firmware Version = 1.4.1_SL

Anyone know of a way to back this up? I could then upload it for the rest of you guys.

·
Registered
97 Posts
You just need to fire up the sat nav, then hold down the settings key. Looks like a cog and should be one of the physical buttons on the r/h side of the unit.

Youmwill the be presented with a black screen with white text detailing the above.

Edited by: Datamonkey

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Data monkey have you any idea where to up load it toi could do that be great if we could up load the 2.8 gig in one zipped file

·
Registered
7 Posts
Your dealer should be able to carry out this update for you, if you push them hard enough!

I had mine done at Belmont, Selkirk on Friday and so far (touch wood!) it has solved the whole freezing issue I had. Facebook contacts aren't showing up any more but at least I can connect my phone without the system crashing all the time!

Strangely though, even although it's an official Kia update carried out at the dealer, the Map Database Version is as Craig W's (309E7A2) which even though it's newer than the original isn't as new as Datamonkey's!

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
So uk dealers have the USB update now

As I said I have it
I'd be happy to pit it on disc and forward it
2 or 3 no hundreds just pm me

1 - 20 of 21 Posts