Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone managed to fully connect a Samsung Galaxy Ace, via bluetooth, to the SAT NAV unit??
What is the general feeling as to which phone gives the best all round functionality ie call lists and phonebook transfer.
Contract up for renewal soon so phone choice required to suit best needs

·
Registered
844 Posts
Hi Picked up My K-3 sat nav auto to day and my HTC desire connected first time and worked all the way home well impressed-- not sure if it finds the phone book as I have not got that far yet

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Toolpusher - I had no problems with the galaxy connecting. Do miss the lack of call lists and phone book that I've had with every other car

·
Registered
844 Posts
4x4 see what you mean my HTC desire connectsevery timebut same as your galaxy theres no phone book or calls list. Thought there would be an option tomanuallyinsert names either in the phone book or the speed dial. Any one else get a HTC desire or theGalaxy to work correctly

·
Registered
844 Posts
4x4 have a look at theandroidapp Bluetooth file transfer I managed to upload my contacts using it noted someone had used this on another forum. Got a wee drink in me (obviouslynot driving) and now I have ended up with a full phonebook on the kia when the HTC is turned off but nothing when its connected
completely crazy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
216 Posts
phone/bluetooth system on these cars is absolutely 5h1te. If you are fortunate enough to have a phone to which it will actually pair the chances of you having an on board phone book too are slim to none, then if it does transfer the likelyhood is the names will be the wrong way round to your phone.
Kia really do need to get the software/firmware upgraded to the same standard most new cars come with now.
I have a blackberry bold, hardly one of the most uncommon phones around. No phone book compatibility.........ridiculous
Edited by: ashtons99

·
Registered
96 Posts
I originally had a Samsung Galaxy S which did not work well at all.

I upgraded to a Samsung Galaxy S2 and it has improved a lot in terms of connection/re-connection after stop/start of the car. Voice recognition for contacts on the phone is still terrible.

However, don't forget you can store names and numbers in the car itself, using your own voice tags. I've stored most of my regularly used numbers this way and it works quite well.

·
Registered
844 Posts
BAZ53 thats what i am try to do store numbers and names in car how does the voice tag thing work?

·
Registered
260 Posts
How do you reset the head unit (nav version) as I need to repair for my iPhone which is now not recognised a d tried repairing?

·
Registered
47 Posts
as with my K1 i have a k1 type phone nokia slide it pairs with the blue tooth almost every time and has stored numbers and voice reconition is good i: e:home = hume, if i do have a problem i do as was said in an earlier item turn the phone off and back on and it works every time,

·
Registered
844 Posts
Just updated my HTC desire to the latest software (gingerbread)and guess what--everythingworks perfect calling lists, speed dial and phone book

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
A funny thing happened today. Connected the phone after starting up the car and was going to see if i could use my dad's contact on the phone to dial and connect via the sportage. Just then a screen popped up asking me if i would allow the kia to access the phone's address book and calling lists. I said yes, with the option of doing it everytime any time and hey presto - full calling lists and address book. Just need to suss out the speed dial

·
Registered
844 Posts
select speed dial hold your finger on the first tab and select a name from your phone book or calling lists easy as that. Then press voiceactivation and say phone then press it again and say "speed dial one" (or two or three etc) works great on my sportage. Have entered 5 numbers that use all the time

·
Registered
96 Posts
toolpusher said:
BAZ53 thats what i am try to do store numbers and names in car how does the voice tag thing work?

I can't remember exactly without the manual at hand. It was along the lines of:

[Phonebook]

[Add Entry]

Then speak the name and number.

It will then recognise every time since it's your own voice it's matching to.

BTW, I have the non-satnav radio.

·
Registered
844 Posts
Baz53 Thanks for the info but updated my HTC dersire to 2.3 and it works a dream dont even need to take it out my pocket now and the voice reg works fine as well.

·
Registered
844 Posts
Off course when I first spoke the lady said "Changing to Hey Jimmy mode" and said "Fit dae yea want" ha ha

·
Registered
216 Posts
It gets better....all that happens with mine is that it crashes my blackberry every time i start the car with bluetooth paired. It then takes 10 mins watching the little white line running acrosss the BB screen while it reboots, what a pile of junk Kia have installed

·
Registered
26 Posts
ashtons99 said:
It gets better....all that happens with mine is that it crashes my blackberry every time i start the car with bluetooth paired. It then takes 10 mins watching the little white line running acrosss the BB screen while it reboots, what a pile of junk Kia have installed
Which BB do you have and what firmware do you have installed ? Also do you have the latest version of the KIA firmware installed ?
Reason I ask is that I have the BB 9900, with latest Firmware and the current -1 KIA firmware and the 2 pair OK usually, with the Sat-Nav sometimes giving an error message about running low on memory.
The above issue is supposed to have been fixed with the latest KIA firmware version.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts