Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any one had any problems setting up their phone?

When I got my Tempest last month I was using a HTC Hero. Although it would pair ok and load the library, the next time I used the car it wouldn't sync.

I now have an Iphone 3GS and don't seem to have any problems, although I get the odd "sorry" when making a call.It might be an idea to start a list of phones which have problems syncing.

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
there is a list of phones that will and wont pair to the Soul bluetooth on the USA forum. I assume it would apply to the UK cars too.

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I haven't seen the list, but UK and US phones have differant specification as well as names. I know for a fact that the US HTC Hero is not the same as the UK version.

·
Registered
118 Posts
my iphone 4 connects no problem, had a few hickups to start but all sorted now. Go to american and soul hamsters forums lots of helpful advice on them.

·
Registered
3 Posts
OK I'm new here and my father has a Kia Soul which has a problem connecting with his phone (Nokia 3110c), my phone (Blackberry 8320 Curve) and my brothers phone (HTC Tattoo Ink) all of which will pair up perfectly and work for an indeterminate amount of time (could be 2 hours or 2 days you just never know) anyway he's been contacted by Kia after emailing them with his problem and they said they'll send him a list of compatible mobile phones as they seem to think it's the phones at fault
but they all work perfectly until the pairing fails and the Parrot system that was in his Renault worked faultlessly for over a year. My one question to Kia would be, Why are the Americans allowed to know whether their phone will work with the car before the pay their hard earned money buying the car while us lowly Brits have to write them an email to get a compatibility list?
Anyway as I will have access to it it would be a shame not to post the complete list here

·
Registered
276 Posts
Hi Dai,

whereabouts r u,

I got the Nokia N86, it does lose connection now & again but works perfect when it is paired. It only takes a ouple of secs to pair so I'm not too worried ar rhe mo.

·
Registered
3 Posts
In Newport and dealing with Wessex Motors
, which I never had any confidence in while they were dealing in Renaults. Anyway the nice man a Kia sent me a compatibility list (below if this site allowed linking to photobucket), I'm guessing that the dealers have never seen one either as the technician paired a phone not on the list to it
. I know there are little things that happen from time to time on my friends Navara but you tell the phone to connect and it does so that wouldn't be a problem but when my Dads Nokia 3110c pairs up perfectly and the system in the car looks for any audio it can play I'd say it was working correctly for the time it works. It seems to me as though if the dealers can't plug it into the diagnostics and get a code then there is nothing wrong with it what's wrong with putting a known good part on it and testing it that way.
<a href="http://i15.photobucket.../albums/a376/daiblack/odd%20stuff/Kiaphonecombatibility.jpg?t=1294488435" target="_blank">

</a>Edited by: daiblack

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Now I have never tried to connect my Iphone for the audio till to day. Where I have no problem with the phone, I cant play any music from it. I've tried bluetooth and the cable with no luck. But have no problem with a memory stick.
These little things are sent to try us

·
Registered
3 Posts
Chrispy1 said:
Now I have never tried to connect my Iphone for the audio till to day. Where I have no problem with the phone, I cant play any music from it. I've tried bluetooth and the cable with no luck. But have no problem with a memory stick.
These little things are sent to try us
Apparently the Iphone doesn't stream music but the Iphone 3GS does

And I think that the bluetooth interface is in fact made by Parrot, so I've contacted them for advice regarding what will or won't work.

Edited by: daiblack

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Mine is a 3GS

·
Registered
205 Posts
No trouble with my Soul. I do not use a mobile!!! Sorry couldn't resist.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Chrispy1 said:
Now I have never tried to connect my Iphone for the audio till to day. Where I have no problem with the phone, I cant play any music from it. I've tried bluetooth and the cable with no luck. But have no problem with a memory stick.These little things are sent to try us 
Make sure iPod is not running on multi tasking.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts