Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just took delivery of Xceed PHEV. Surprised how often the engine is kicking in when using electric mode. Seems to fire up from start up even when warm so you don`t get the quiet move away you would expect and stays on for a couple of miles. Have come from a BMW phev and engine never kicked in until battery flat or you accelerated hard. Is there some setting i need to alter.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. Will try. Another question...seems EBH and front parking sensors have to be switched on at the start of every journey and disengage when ignition switched off and no way to keep them on permanently...am i correct

·
Registered
11 Posts
Just checked and I believe the situation is this. If you move into revers, the park assist come on automatically. (I hadn't noticed as I am usually reversing out of my drive or out of a parking place. If you are moving away forward and want the park assist function to work, then you need to press the button.

I've downloaded a Hyundai ioniq phev manual, as the only electronic manual I could find was't for the phev. It is pretty much the same internally, and is a good reference for any questions

·
Registered
5,211 Posts
Might not be the same but on mine front parking sensors (if turned on) will turn off again when forward speed exceeds about 10 mph. They will not come on again until manually switched on or reverse engaged.

·
Registered
11 Posts
From the ioniq manual

Operating condition
• This system will activate when the
Parking Assist System button is
pressed with the engine running.

• The Parking Assist System button
turns on automatically and acti-
vates the Parking Assist System
when you move the shift lever to
the R (Reverse) position. However,
if the vehicle speed exceeds 10
km/h (6 mph), the system will not
warn you even though objects are
detected, and if the vehicle speed
exceeds 20 km/h (12 mph), the
system will turn off automatically

·
Registered
9 Posts
I'm finding that the car is fully charged. Start the car up and the engine starts up and EV is displayed. I can't figure out why the engine is running. Fully charged, as you say from BMW experience the engine doesn't run till battery flat.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Make sure that electric mode only is selected, and no Aircon/heating is on other than heated seats/steering wheel

·
Registered
935 Posts
Our Superb PHEV defaults to electric on start up unless there is insufficient charge.

If you want to use it in hybrid mode you have to hit the button on the console and select the buttons on the screen, it also gives you an option to charge the battery whilst driving but yet to see the point of that.

Even on the very coldest days it has stayed in electric mode whilst there has been charge in the battery although it has to be said with the interior heating and seat heating on it does drop quite fast.

·
Registered
11 Posts
The Xceed PHEV does not have an electric heating element, so can only heat the car by running the engine. AC for cooling will be OK in warmer periods as this will use electricity.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Have noticed this week with warmer temperatures engine has not come on from start even with aircon on so perhaps outside temperature sensitive

·
Registered
12 Posts
the engine will come on when the heating is on , and when the battery gets down to 13%
it does use quite a bit of petrol if you have the heating on all the time (winter months) .
having the wheel and seats heated helps but you need the heating to keep the windscreen clear.
but still , i have had mine 5 months and 4.5k miles and i have only put £30 of petrol in it , so cant complain
My biggest gripe is the charging speed being limited to 3.3kw instead of 7kw , why!!!!!!!!
other than that love it
i get about 32 miles pure ev on a full charge

·
Registered
11 Posts
For shortish journeys I run the Aircon at lo and on the lowest blow settings and it keeps the windscreen clear without turning the engine on.

The other alternative I use sometimes is to just turn the defogger on for as short as possible then off again

1 - 15 of 15 Posts