Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

Registered
Sportage 1.6 T-GDi PHEV GT Line, -22
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys!

Mind helping me out with the navigation software a bit? :unsure:

I've just leased a Sportage PHEV, GT Line and been looking around and saw that an navi update is around the corner.
The car currently has S/W ver. NQ5e_P.EUR.S5W_L.001.001.220126.
And i am assuming the "NQ5e_P.EUR...." P stands for PHEV? when searching in the Navi updating program im only seeing H-version, wich should be for the HEV/MHEV version?
Is this correct? The software for PHEV is not yet released?

Super Moderator
Hi & welcome.

Try the navigation version instead.
But there is a new version due out soon (well early June to be exact & it's been delayed)

I would contact the team on the update site & see what they say about PHEV version.

Registered
On Order: Sportage GT Line S PHEV in Infra Red
@KevinBattle i think said that he had been in touch and it should have been up some days/week ago but wasnt?

Registered
@dhb Not me, nor aware of any PHEV navigation updates... why would there need to be a different Navi update - unless it also contains charging station info specifically? But why not ONE update for ALL models?

Registered
@dhb Not me, nor aware of any PHEV navigation updates... why would there need to be a different Navi update - unless it also contains charging station info specifically? But why not ONE update for ALL models?
Apologies I thought it was you lol

The reason for the different updates is that it's not just maps, it's the whole software package I believe so they are drive train specific.

Super Moderator
They could do a simple navigation update.
But for the new Sportage you have ICE, HEV & PHEV all have different displays within the head unit, so any software changes have to take this in to account. So not really a option. Unless there are some really good coders that could program it to "What if, then this, if not then that" But would you trust Kia coders..... 馃お 馃ぃ

Registered
@iooi "Unless there are some really good coders that could program it to "What if, then this, if not then that" But would you trust Kia coders..... 馃お 馃ぃ "
Well, we all have so far.... and coding CAN cater for "If XYZ then.....; If ABC then....." etc....but point taken on head unit display, wheel sizes, headlights, grilles etc - but that's down to Kia having 18 engine and model varieties - and that's just the UK! Ireland and EU Countries have different model codes, seat fabric and LHD changes... so Lord knows how many permutations they have to feed into the production line.....
And they fret about adding an "S" to the GTLine logo!

Reactions: iooi and dhb

Registered
I contacted Kia Update and had an online chat with one of their advisors, twice now. First time nearly 2 weeks ago and was assured an update for the PHEV would be available later that day - the second a week later and was told it would be available within a day or two maximum ... still waiting.
This was the message I was referring to.

Registered
Sportage 1.6 T-GDi PHEV GT Line, -22
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thank you all for the reply!
I contacted support staff on the update site, and i also got the "update will be released before-you-know-it-soon" -speech.
After some more chitchat support also confirmed that the <P> in the S/W filename is for the PHEV model, wich was my main concern since i dont know if you are even able to try and update with an HEV/MHEV S/W on a PHEV, or if it will detect an incompatible S/W straight away and not even begin to try update.
But better safe then sorry & accidentally brick the car!
:)

Registered
Thank you all for the reply!
I contacted support staff on the update site, and i also got the "update will be released before-you-know-it-soon" -speech.
After some more chitchat support also confirmed that the <P> in the S/W filename is for the PHEV model, wich was my main concern since i dont know if you are even able to try and update with an HEV/MHEV S/W on a PHEV, or if it will detect an incompatible S/W straight away and not even begin to try update.
But better safe then sorry & accidentally brick the car!
:)
The PHEV update is now available.
Rectangle Font Screenshot Software Multimedia

Attachments

1 - 12 of 12 Posts