Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys

Just wondering if someone could help me here, my satnav when driving isn't moving towards the direction of travel that I'm going,

1. basically its not following the car up the screen
  2. I've done pressed the bottom on the screen so that North isn't locked
  3. The map rotates around the car when driving
  4. Factory reset the unit just in case I'd pressed something
Now I'm stuck any help would be helpful

·
Registered
MY21 Stonic GT-Line S ISG MHEV iMT - sw220211 - map14.47.48.631.401.5
581 Posts
A picture speaks a thousand words. A video a million more.
Are you saying the map is static and the car symbol on the screen travels towards the edge and off the screen?
Can you also post the version of your satnav please?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Here is a video of what I mean and also the software version is DE_P_PE.EUR.S5W_L.001.001.211110

Hope the video helps

Basically, the car icon points up the map but the direction of the map goes down the screen as if I'm driving backwards

Attachments

·
Registered
2022 Ceed GT line 1.5TGDI - Fusion Orange
344 Posts
Building on @mr.macspot's point, there is a setting to have it default to different settings

One of the navigation settings is about direction, I forget what it is called, but it sounds like you have it set to 'north up' and what you want is 'heading up'. This will have the forwards pointing up on the map at all times. In the nav screen, you can temporarily change it by pressing the compass and it will cycle

·
Registered
MY21 Stonic GT-Line S ISG MHEV iMT - sw220211 - map14.47.48.631.401.5
581 Posts
Here is a video of what I mean and also the software version is DE_P_PE.EUR.S5W_L.001.001.211110

Hope the video helps

Basically, the car icon points up the map but the direction of the map goes down the screen as if I'm driving backwards
I have requested access to the video. Thank you
Your satnav can be upgraded to a later version too.

·
Registered
513 Posts
My wife's MY22 Niro PHEV had this issue - the problem was the instrument cluster. We ended up refusing the car as there was no replacement for instrument cluster in any timescale.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts