Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2019 sportage gt line since 2000 miles I've been plagued by the petrol particulate filter coming on roughly 3 times every 1000 miles ,I have to keep blasting it on the motorway to clear been back to dealer they say thats what you have to do starting to be a pain now, anyone else suffering with this problem

Registered
I'm have around 4.5k miles on my 69 plate 1.6 turbo (AWD DCT) but I haven't experienced any issues at all (you know what's happening tomorrow now 馃槀).

Although it's been sat around a lot due to the current situation, my driving usually involves one or two longer trips a week. These aren't really long drives but say between 30 - 60 minutes down NSL roads and motorway. So I wonder if this helps at all.

What we (wife and I) have noticed is that around every 500 ish miles there is a funny smell (almost sweet) that comes and then goes after a while. I couldn't say if it impacts on MPG as I don't look at the MPG that often (I do know I've averaged about 27.something over the miles done - worse than my previous Golf R Estate).

If I know it will be doing a lot of shorter journeys, I just take a detour on one every now and then, and give it a run.

It was sat for two weeks without even turning over recently. I then did a few short runs in it, but made sure I took it for a spin just to clean it out and heat it up.

Not sure that helps, but perhaps build one or two longer journeys into your weekly driving (hard currently I know). Take a little detour for example.

I am lucky in that my family live a few junctions down the local MWay and wife's a couple more junctions after, so we can give our cars a run up and down there if needed.

Super Moderator
I have a 2019 sportage gt line since 2000 miles I've been plagued by the petrol particulate filter coming on roughly 3 times every 1000 miles ,I have to keep blasting it on the motorway to clear been back to dealer they say thats what you have to do starting to be a pain now, anyone else suffering with this problem
Do you do a lot of short stop start trips? So car never really get up to full temp for any length of time.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts