Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All, increase in petrol prices found a number of occasions where I have gone to my locked car and found my petrol flap open, no petrol missing but probably due to me having minimal amount open..petrol cap should only open when unlocked , so how are they able to open it when the car is locked?

Registered
There have been a few times I have shut the fuel cover turned to walk away, looked back and found it had sprung open, so I double check now.

If it had been forced, I would expect to see damage.

Super Moderator
There is mention elsewhere on the forum of fuel covers not closing correctly. One suggested 'fix' is to make sure the filler cap handle is horizontal before closing the flap.

Reactions: al_kaholik

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No visible signs of being forced open and I've checked it by locking and unlocking several times and mechanism seems to be working fine and I'm not able to get it open when locked .

Registered
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the insights , I'll make sure when I lock it that it has not come open, but in this instance given the car parked in front of me ( an Audi) also had their petrol cap fully open leads me to believe that someone has been checking to see if fuel cap it open , so unless they pressed mine and it flipped open when I was nearing the car , I'm still no wiser how it happened. Perhaps I'll wire it up to a live wire and see if I find anyone collapsed on the floor 馃槀馃槀馃槀

Registered
Had this problem with my 1st edition Ceed not always locking took it into my dealer who fixed the problem its just need the filler tube reigning so the door shut flush

Registered
Hello,
I have a 69 plate Ceed lunar edition, noticed today that my petrol cap was open with the car locked. Examination suggests it's a problem with the flap catch not lining up with the locking bar. Can get it to work by holding the flap down when locking. Will be visiting the dealer asap.

Registered
Kia Niro 3 PHEV (70-plate) Horizon Blue
Hello,
I have a 69 plate Ceed lunar edition, noticed today that my petrol cap was open with the car locked. Examination suggests it's a problem with the flap catch not lining up with the locking bar. Can get it to work by holding the flap down when locking. Will be visiting the dealer asap.
I have exactly the same with the flap of the charging port on my Niro PHEV. It will lock but then half-opens although it is still locked. Like you, I hold in fully closed position and then lock the car. That works.....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts