Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
lets build up a collection of close up photos and a brief description of the mods (however small) we have done - so others can be inspired (or invite ridicule.....lol.)

·
Registered
283 Posts
Apart from having the bumpers off for waxoyling its reall so far the addition of a second boot light;

·
Registered
283 Posts
It wants some twin wind tone horns. I looked to see if the wiring was in the doors for the heated mirrors but it isn't. Incidently, somebody was asking about the wire for the centre speaker. I've not had that out yet but the wire for the rear power socket is defo behind the rear RH panel so it just needs a hole and a socket. It might suggest the wire for the speaker is there. What I will also research is some means of dimming the dash. The US models have a switch where our headlight leveler is but no spare plug on our RH drive models!
Edited by: anchorman

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Sidebars, front fog surrounds, Eyeliners, stainless steel numberplate surrounds, full width rear reflector, clear bra on front and sides....more to follow. (saving up to put some fuel in it too).

·
Registered
283 Posts
Can you take some close ups of those mudflap extensions please?

Nice mods by the way!

·
Registered
283 Posts
I just pulled the trim back far enough to thread the wire through;

You can see where the sub woofer goes on the models with hi spec audio.

I drilled through from the fron and then enlarged the hole carefully until the lamp just popped in and then connected the piggy back wire from the other side of the boot. It makes a big difference in the dark.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I'd love some of those side bars but I can't afford them. It's all I can do to put the fuel into it. I might have a go at making my own diesel, see how that is.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Here's what Ive done so far
Atthe front - Head light protectors , eye liners ,Fog lamp bezels,bonnet wrapped in paint guard

Kia mud flaps , lower doors & sills wrapped in paint guard .

Sill covers ( front & back ) plus added paint guard to paintwork around it to avoid scratches

Sports Pedal covers

Seat covers

Rear Bumper Protector & Rear lamp bezels

Still have centre console on order ( not Kia one ) if it ever arrives

Other things I would like to add :-

Third light cover

Rear Spoiler

Side Bars

Tow Bar

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Where did you get the seat covers from - they fit really well. I got some cheapo universal ones, total waste of money, fit really bad and cant be altered to accommodate the rear belts. So other owners beware.

·
Registered
309 Posts
tempest said:
Where did you get the seat covers from - they fit really well. I got some cheapo universal ones, total waste of money, fit really bad and cant be altered to accommodate the rear belts. So other owners beware.

<HR style="COLOR: #d1d1e1" SIZE=1>

<DIV id=post_message_102434>I got these off the bay , sellers called carseatcoversonline
I paid under £100.00 including shipping

Take a bit of time arrive ( made to order ) Remember to ask for air bag compatable.

but nice covers with some padding inside &these ones are :- ANTHRACITE GREY .

They only advertise the front set , but you can add the rear ones to the order .

The front seat covers are easy to fit , but the backs do take some time . No issues with putting the seats down , but there not gap in the sides of the material for where the seat locks back in when upright , but you just hold the material back . Im sure you could mod it , but I haven't bothered .You do have to make holes for the pullers that release the rer seats & the head rests &thats easy to do . The covers for the rear headrest rests were not much use , so didn't bother putting them on.

Edited by: Raider

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Nice..... and a seriously shiny dashboard too!....i protect my dashboard with a layer of dust......lol

whats the round thing in front of the gear stick?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts