Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am yet to pick up my new Soul next week but already im looking into giving it some more poke so i have been doing my research and have found this for the diesel model....

Well found out the info i needed with a little research on the net ;);)

Found a company that can offer me 180bhp and over 300lb torq from the little 1.6crdi, it has been used on there demo car for the last 60,000 miles with no ill effects :D:D

Power graph

There car on the rollers

The price for the power module is £499 which for the power gain and the fact it has been tested is very good........

The company is called STEINBAUER Tuning Technologies

Hope that helps anybody else looking for power upgrades, have spoken to the guys and they really know there stuff and there demo car sounds like a serious bit of kit too .

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
tempest said:
Hi Tony,

Well found, thats the company i was trying to find for you on the USA forum search.

Yeah had to find it but i did
, will be looking into once i get a at least 2.5k done in her, then i will buy it and see what happens

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
Mine did not loosen up until the same mileage as Tempest, if you chip it Tonyto that extent then I don't think that KIA will be inclined to cover the 7 year warranty and it will put more strain on the engine so will be more inclined to fail.

·
Registered
43 Posts
If you want a power upgrade through a remap then Angel Tuning are very good, they offer a 30hp increase and 50lft increase for £275, they also offer a mobile service so they will come to your place of work or home and will not leave until you are totally satisfied, also this should put less strain on the engine as the increase is not to harsh but enough to be noticably different (better), the only problem I have is the worry of losing my warranty if I had it done.

·
Registered
43 Posts
tempest said:
i would be interested in a remap that improved the economy.

The other benifit to a remap is improved economy as long as the vehicle is driven fuel efficiently, the fun part is when you do feel the need for the extra power it is there, over taking ect...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts