Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi people,

I can't be the only one thinking of upgrading the performance for this lovely hatchback.
Is there or are there any people that have bought performance parts for the range models( 2011-2017) and if yes where did you guys buy it and what did you guys buy.
I know i can't expect much from this car but i want the overall engine performance to just give it a little more power in performance.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I would find a 1.25 engine and the 1.0litre turbo and mix them together for a start..

Flash ecu and see what boost you can produce with stick turbo

Upgrade tyres wheels and lowering springs

Attempt a Rio front and rear brake swap for better braking and see if the lower control arms from the Rio will fit the Picanto as this may have some benefit.

I have a feeling the Rio subframe might fit the picanto for an engine upgrade yet I can't totally confirm this.. I would got to a 2nd hand Kia parts place or wrecking yard and compare the UB RIO subframe to the ta or ja picanto frame and if they fit there is potential to upgrade to the Rio LCAs also.

See if that is something up your alley and if you do attempt to swap the subframe.. keep us posted as I think this would allow for a Rio upgrade or even a 2.0 Cerato swap.. perhaps even a stinger 2.0 swap..

Would be killer to see a stinger engine with a fwd transmission..
Good luck too and here's a little something to help you along

1 - 2 of 2 Posts