Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone else noticed peeling lacquer or damaged paintwork?

I've got quite a few patches of peeling which I have never seen on any previous cars. Car is parked under a tree overnight and there can be droppings on it in the morning but nothing major, and usually on the rear glass. I wash it every fortnight or sooner. The peeling isn't really related to where the droppings were, more on the bonnet and front of the roof. I've had plenty of other cars in the past which have been fine, admittedly better quality cars but even then wouldn't expect a new car to suffer so quickly.

I'll be taking it to the dealers tomorrow but wondering if anyone else has had similar experience. I was offered an extra coating of something or other when buying but felt as previous cars have fared well it wasn't necessary...and it was an extra £350 or so.

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Hi Aztec, most people with Rios don't seem to have much in the way of problems with paintwork. Quite a few people with Souls have had problems though. See your dealer and get them to sort it under warranty.

I would not pay £350 for a paintwork treatment, it's a scam to get money out of people when they buy a new car. Works on their psychology...you've just bought probably the second most expensive thing you own, you'd better look after it...

Modern car paintwork just doesn't need it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts