Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I have had my GT Line S for about a month now and must say its a great car. The only major gripe i have is the DAB radio signal but as ive seen on other threads it seems this is an ongoing issue for everyone and hopefully KIA recognise this soon and comes up with a solution as the thought of having a car without being able to listen to a radio for 3/4 years isn't something i'm looking forward to.

However my main other issue which i just cant seem to work out and thought i would ask others who have there cars currently : does this latest generation sportage have Kerb side assist?

So when you put the car into reverse, the passenger side mirror automatically lowers to aid the driver to not kerb the alloys etc. It has just about every other possible parking assist on the car, so i would be surprised if it didn't have this basic feature. Ive read the manual and it says it does have it but i cant get it to work. Been into a KIA garage and spoke to a sales rep and he looked at it and didn't know either, his only answer ended up being it should do it automatically. He was meant to call me back later that day after he spoke with a technician but never has and i cant get hold of him now.

Therefore thought i would ask here, to see :

a) if it does have it
b) if it does how to set it ( if not automatic)
c) if it is meant to be automatic then i may have an issue which i will need the garage to look at.

Any help appreciated,

TIA

·
Registered
19 Posts
Re the DAB issue, which I have also and same spec as you, can I suggest you report to your dealer if you haven’t already. The more users who report the greater the chance of a quicker resolution for all. This does appear to be a widespread issue especially for GT Line S spec and I don’t yet know if Kia have formally acknowledged. Most are waiting for a replacement roof antenna currently seemingly unavailable but no guarantee of success.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re the DAB issue, which I have also and same spec as you, can I suggest you report to your dealer if you haven’t already. The more users who report the greater the chance of a quicker resolution for all. This does appear to be a widespread issue especially for GT Line S spec and I don’t yet know if Kia have formally acknowledged. Most are waiting for a replacement roof antenna currently seemingly unavailable but no guarantee of success.
I did also being this up with the dealer but he wasn't interested / claimed to have no knowledge of anyone else having an issue. Im going to take it to a different dealer in Bristol and raise it with them next time.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
On other Kia's you need to have the mirror switch in the non OCD position. So either off to the left or right. Not in the middle.
Yeah on mine there is no middle its either left or right position. Ive had it in the left position for passenger side and still wont work.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Can you not use the rear side camera that comes on if you indicate or the overhead view camera? Just a thought as to why maybe it doesn't have the auto lower function. Don't have my car yet so can't help any further atm.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Can you not use the rear side camera that comes on if you indicate or the overhead view camera? Just a thought as to why maybe it doesn't have the auto lower function. Don't have my car yet so can't help any further atm.
you can & i have thought that is possibly why it doesn't have it. But doing it that way its hard to gage distance to the kerb (i generally end up being not that close to the kerb), sounds silly i know but having the mirror and doing it by eye in my mind is easier.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I agree having learnt and driven on rear view mirrors for over 50 years it isn't easy to adjust. Hey ho just another issue for a silver surfer with modern tech. At least it is not as bad as the assisted parking where the car allegedly can parallel park into a space. Never have been able to get that to work as quickly or repeatedly as just doing it myself. You often have to drive so far past the space before it will engage that anyone following doesnt realise you are about to reverse into that space !!. (p.s. Not talking of the KIA but my current and previous cars)

Reactions: jcapari

·
Super Moderator
10,469 Posts
Yeah on mine there is no middle its either left or right position. Ive had it in the left position for passenger side and still wont work.
Must have changed switches.

But what I have found & I do not use the dipping feature. Is to set mirrors lower so you can already see low down. That has the added bonus of you do not get blinded by cars behind at night. I still get a nice long view up the road behind. Just full of 50% Sky.

·
Registered
Sportage MK5'22 4 HEV
77 Posts
How does this feature add on to the 360 degree camera? Does the 360 degree not help estimating the distance from the kerb? I never knew about this kerb side assistance as a feature and use my 360 degree camera only to estimate.

·
Registered
2022 Sportage GT-Line S HEV 2wd in Penta
14 Posts
According to the US manual and how it worked on my current car. Select (P)ark when stopped, move the mirror switch to (L), Press the brake pedal and select (R)everse, Now adjust to mirror to the downward angle, when moving out of (R) the mirror returns to the initial position.

That may or may not work on the UK version.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
According to the US manual and how it worked on my current car. Select (P)ark when stopped, move the mirror switch to (L), Press the brake pedal and select (R)everse, Now adjust to mirror to the downward angle, when moving out of (R) the mirror returns to the initial position.

will give this a go and report back - says the same in uk handbook but i couldn't get it to work when i tried it the other day but will try again.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

unfortunately doesn't work

·
Registered
2022 Sportage 1.6T GDi HEV GT-Line S Auto
2 Posts
I was trying to get the kerbside mirror to work too but I think it needs the switch with the centre option. You’d have thought it would be fitted.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I was trying to get the kerbside mirror to work too but I think it needs the switch with the centre option. You’d have thought it would be fitted.
glad im not the only one who as noticed been driving me mad !! im getting used to not having it but its such a basic thing you would have thought it would have been included.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi new to the site and only 3 days in my new gt-line PHEV I found you have to put it down manually every time as described above then put it back to your normal position… I am trying to learn using the cameras but as above 35 years of using mirrors is a hard habit to shift :)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts