Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, to continue the varied snagging problems with my new purchase (58 Carens), the passenger door doesn't open. All the others do. There is no fob on the key , ust old fashioned stick it in the lock and turn. The battery (new recently) has been discharging because the radio turns itself on intermittently like something from "Poltergeist" The previous owner said that the passenger door ha ddone this before "a couple of times" and then "just got better itself" Extremely inconvenient to say the least. I wonder if anyone may have any suggestions?
Cheers
Stewart

Super Moderator
Sounds like a broken wire (usually in the flex bit between door & pillar) Which would be why it sometimes fixed it self before.
Or could be servo in door.

Best bet take the door card off and get a meter out to check the connections, or other issues.

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. I'll remove door card and have a look. Hopefully I can open it from in there and check wiring between door and pillar 馃憤

Super Moderator
Thanks. I'll remove door card and have a look. Hopefully I can open it from in there and check wiring between door and pillar 馃憤
Can you not open it with the key?
If not then it could be as simple as a steel connector has dropped off.

Registered
Discussion Starter #5
Won't open with the key. The key in passenger door operates allother doors via central locking but doesn't open passenger door itself. Which I assume is going to cause problems removkg the door card? Nuisance!

Super Moderator
That really sounds like it is mechanical connection, rather than anything electrical.

So can you not open door at all?

In which case would confirm the above.

Registered
Discussion Starter #7
I've finished replcing all the brake parts in the rain and am now going inside the car to work on the radio - remove and replace - and this door which will not open. Am I going to be able to get the door card off or get enough access to investigate without the door opening?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts