Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2017 Sportage Passenger airbag light is flashing and the alarm is continuously running. My commute into work was not pleasant. At first I couldn't figure out why the alarm was sounding as there were no warning indicators on the dash (which IMO is poor design) until I looked over at the central console and saw that the airbag light was flashing in time with the alarm. It is very cold outside, could this be weather related? Any thoughts suggestions? Many thanks to all in advance.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Sounds like the seat occupancy sensor is defective. It thinks someone is sat there but the seatbelt has not been done up.
Get the dealer to sort under warranty.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Sounds like the seat occupancy sensor is defective. It thinks someone is sat there but the seatbelt has not been done up.
Get the dealer to sort under warranty.
Ahh, that's got me thinking. I did have my work laptop bag on the seat during the drive into work. I usually put it in the footwell but on this occasion simply left it on the seat. Didn't think it weighed enough to register as a passenger though. Will pop out at lunch time to check. Thank you.

·
Registered
605 Posts
I've triggered the seatbelt warning with a laptop bag on the passenger seat in my ceed. Just moving it slightly stopped the warning, presumably at times it was resting just right to trigger the sensor.

·
Registered
5,229 Posts
My 2017 Sportage Passenger airbag light is flashing and the alarm is continuously running. My commute into work was not pleasant. At first I couldn't figure out why the alarm was sounding as there were no warning indicators on the dash (which IMO is poor design) until I looked over at the central console and saw that the airbag light was flashing in time with the alarm. It is very cold outside, could this be weather related? Any thoughts suggestions? Many thanks to all in advance.

That's not the airbag light, it is the seatbelt warning light.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts