Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any one got the guys number that does parts for Kia's? is it some dude from Bolton?

·
Registered
702 Posts
rich5 said:
Any one got the guys number that does parts for Kia's? is it some dude from Bolton?
I'm sure with just a little work on your part by looking through the back posts that it can be found, not having a go at you personally but it does seem of late that some users just ask rather than search first through the forum for the information they require. To save you the trouble this time here's sedonaGarys details he's in/or near wellingborough

Email [email protected]

Mobile 07799408459

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cheers for that Bruno1926.

I did go through some back posts, but unfortunately I was very short on time. If you look at the time I posted the request, I had previously spent a good 20mins of my time reviewing back posts, all so googleing and going on EBay for info on the part i require. I had to start and get ready for my shift at work so time was running out.

I thought though the idea of forums is to share info and help each other out in times of need. Not to critisise other members for asking for a little help. I really wanted to order the part today so I can fix the problem on Saturday my next day off.m Anyway thanks for that, but dont be so fast to judge people.Things might be what they seem.

·
Registered
422 Posts
rich5 said:

I did go through some back posts, but unfortunately I was very short on time. If you look at the time I posted the request, I had previously spent a good 20mins of my time reviewing back posts, all so googleing and going on EBay for info on the part i require. I had to start and get ready for my shift at work so time was running out.

I thought though the idea of forums is to share info and help each other out in times of need. Not to critisise other members for asking for a little help. I really wanted to order the part today so I can fix the problem on Saturday my next day off.m Anyway thanks for that, but dont be so fast to judge people.Things might be what they seem.
Can't really see the logic in that - I've just put 'parts' in the search window and the 5th post it came up with gives the details of the contact you need. Took me 2mins tops to get this info - where you have waited one and a half hours for another member to reply to your post. I don't think Bruno1926 was 'judging' anyone he was explaining that members can do the basics to help themselves. He is a very knowledgeable member and is usually the first to offer advice and help to others who post asking for advice on the forum.
Accepted you are new to the Forum and welcome - when you get a bit more time check out some of the facilities available and you will soon find your way around.

·
Registered
702 Posts
rich5 said:

The idea of forums as you say is to help people with there problems etc but also for people to help them selves by looking through back posts to see if the question has already being answered else why keep back posts and searchable archives. As Alcutler says the 5th post on a search give the info you needed . the search feature is just that a search function. Let me give you an example about 7 years ago I got my first Sedona no Haynes manual available for it no nothing . then I heard about this mythical Kia Dealers Workshop Manual. I went to Kia dealers and asked about it they either laughed and said it didn't exsist or it was £200 a copy (for a book) so I went on the internet and searched the forums for ages with no luck so I then spent 18 months before I located a copy in Russia of all places. still not cheap but manageable . To cut a long story short I got it spent a week scanning it to disc so other Sedona owners can benefit from it, but to be truth ful 99% of people looking for a manual do so by locating some where in the back posts the reference to it without asking.

I did notice you are new to the forum so we live and learn, As for Gary in Wellingborough if you order parts off him he normally posts the same day if possible and is a good guy to know if you own a Sedona he breaks them for parts ans sells them as well he really knows his Sedona's I have no relationship to him but have been using him for years and have posted his details on this and the other forum frequently as a good cheap parts guy. As you say things are not always what they seem. but Alcutler bears me out on this it is what it seems to be.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts