Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi KCS,

My Kia has recently been diagnosed as having a faulty head unit and my dealer has ordered a replacement under warranty. I was told that the part was on back order and they'd have to wait 48h before they got an ETA. So off I went and waited a week and heard nothing so called them today and I was given the same story "its on back order" as last time. I advised what I was previously told and can they not give me some idea of timescales. They went away and came back with "its listing a date of February but it should be much sooner than that once they update the ticket, but other than that you've just got to wait"

Now I understand these things might take a little while if things aren't in stock but a) February (i.e. 3 months) is a ridiculous amount of time to wait, and b) even if it isn't that long, shouldn't they be able to give me some idea of how long it'll actually be?

Plus if they're listing an arbitrary date of February, I would be worried that come February the date would change to May, and then August.....

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
Hi gk141054

We're sorry to learn about the part delay. It's common for head units to go on back order but the initial 3 month timescale isn't a true estimate as long as the order is upgraded. In this case, it appears that hasn't been done. Could you please PM us with the dealer name, your full name, reg and confirming if you're the registered keeper so that we can investigate.

Kia Customer Service
0845 6017521

Visit www.kia.co.uk
Join In www.facebook.com/kiamotorsuk
Enjoy www.youtube.com/kiamotorsuk

Call centre opening hours:
Monday to Friday - 8:30am - 6pm
Saturday: 9am - 1pm
Sunday: Closed

1 - 3 of 3 Posts