Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. First post on here. Just finnished sorting my 2006 Sportage 20D as I bought it needing work. Recently fitted new turbo front discs pads handbrake cable new front springs lower ball joints engine service. And lots of niggly bits that were not working like heater motor drivers door handel broken. But all most there now she passed mot with no advisers so happy with that. Still got int light to sort as not working when door is open but works when i press switch. Door lights and boot light all work ok just the main overheàd light ? Any info on this would be appreciated.
Regards Rob.

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
I think there is a diode inside the lamp husing which allows the bulb to be fed via the switch or via the door open. That diode is open circuit or has become detached. You can short it out for a test, and open the door, but then all the lights will come on with the switch - which you may or may not like to leave it like that. It's a cheap part from one of the online electronic stores - it will have a "1Nxxxx" number on it and this is an internationally recognised designation.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just an update on my int light problem. I have still not found the problem but not had lot of time to look at moment. I bought a second hand int light unit hopping that was the problem but no luck. I have noticed that all door bottom lights work when door is open and the overhead boot light and boot side courtesy light work when boot is open. So on reflection I don't think it is a diode as the boot and door puddle lights woldent work as I think there all on the same circuit. Any one got a wireing diagram or a link to one.Thanks.

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
The diode is there to allow the int light to be lit either by the overhead console switch or by the door switch - the other lights you mention do not come on with the overhead console switch and it is the diode which allows this. If the diode is not in the light fitting then it will probably be in the switch.

·
Super Moderator
2,660 Posts
Broken cable feeding the int light from the door switch?

Is it all the doors or just the driver one?

·
Registered
65 Posts
You needed multimeter test each one of them one by one, i think you much have one of switch have problem.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Old car always have problem, i also have some problem too but i fixed reversing light , told out the switch from a gear box press few time using multimeter test the switch no problem after .

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thank you all for your help, found it it was a brake in one of the wires just as it entered the plug that plugs in to center roof light.
Message to self.. buy spare Battry for Multy meter prob would of found it sooner..lol cheers guys.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts