Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All I am new to this forum and looking for some advice.

I have 2014 kia picanto, just out of warranty, serviced by kia garages less than 45,000 miles. In June airbag light came on, no bumps, scraps just appeared one day took it to local kia garage, they put diagnostic on said it was airbag computer module. As just out of warranty they said would speak to kia about reduction in price of replacement. Week later after numerous phone calls reply from kia said they would pay 1/3. 馃槃 Great local dealer ordered part. I am currently on week 6 of waiting on part. No communication from dealer they say hands are tied part on order.

Is this normal for kia?

Working in healthcare and having to get lifts to work not practical or safe due to current covid situation.

Any suggestions? Faith in dealer and Kia diminishing by the day.

Thanks in Advance

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi & Welcome.

I guess it is stuck in the whole chip shortage.
There have been one or 2 posts of part's on back order, but that goes for pretty much all marques at the moment.
Thanks for your reply, I goggled about the chip shortage. I didn't know about that so cheers.

So basically a wait and see job and fingers crossed it comes soon. I have training in a different part of the country in September so will likely hire a car for this.

:confused:

Registered
Hi TIGASH

We're sorry to learn of the part delay. Please PM us with your reg and dealer name so we can check its status. We do try to keep UK stock continually replenished and were hitting a next day turnaround in 96% of cases before the pandemic. Unfortunately, much of the industry is now affected by accumulated manufacturing and shipping delays.

Kia Customer Service
[email protected]
0333 202 2990

Visit www.kia.co.uk
Join in www.facebook.com/kiamotorsuk
Enjoy www.youtube.com/kiamotorsuk
Follow us @KiaUK on twitter

Call centre opening hours:

Monday to Friday - 8:30am - 7pm
Saturday: 9am - 1pm
Sunday: Closed

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi TIGASH

We're sorry to learn of the part delay. Please PM us with your reg and dealer name so we can check its status. We do try to keep UK stock continually replenished and were hitting a next day turnaround in 96% of cases before the pandemic. Unfortunately, much of the industry is now affected by accumulated manufacturing and shipping delays.

Kia Customer Service
[email protected]
0333 202 2990

Visit www.kia.co.uk
Join in www.facebook.com/kiamotorsuk
Enjoy www.youtube.com/kiamotorsuk
Follow us @KiaUK on twitter

Call centre opening hours:

Monday to Friday - 8:30am - 7pm
Saturday: 9am - 1pm
Sunday: Closed

Thanks for replying I have opened a direct conversation with yourselves and sent the information requested

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.