Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello to all
New to the forum, just bought 66 plate 1.6 gdi petrol Sportage.
Any advice on what and how to fit Parking sensors please.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I've been looking in to the same thing for my 67 1.7crdi. Depends whether you're capable of fitting yourself or getting an auto electrician to do it. I was quoted about £200 locally, i think Kia charge about £350. There are plenty of aftermarket kits about from £15 upwards but from research Dolphin kits seem to have the best reviews. DIY involves removing the bumper, drilling holes for the sensors and feeding the wires into boot area in the case of rear sensors. The 4 wires are plugged into the bleeper / buzzer device which itself is connected to the reverse light wire. There are plenty of videos on You tube explaining how it's done. An alternative solution is a reverse camera. These are also powered by the reverse light wire. Another alternative is the Autovox solar powered reverse camera. The camera and solar panel fit onto the number plate and the monitor is powered via the cigar lighter socket. Other than that it is wireless.The makers claim it taked 5 minutes to fit. They cost about £110 on Amazon and generally get good reviews but they only came out in 2019 so there are no long term tests bearing in mind the camera / solar panel are going to be subject to all the road spray at the back of the car. Hope that helps.

·
Registered
96 Posts

·
Registered
4,551 Posts
I have always fitted Cisbo sensors to all makes of motor. No néed to remove bumper if you get positions to fit from the bumper of a motor model that had them factory fitted. By removing bumper all you gain is a drilling position moulded into the bumper. a lot of work for very little. Have fitted these on several motors over the last 4 years and never had a failure.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks to all your efforts are appreciated. Good to hear there are some quality bits of kit out there. I like the sound of the Cisbo and not having to take off the bumper.

·
Registered
244 Posts
I had rear sensors fitted to my "1" as part of the deal when i bought the car, my mrs still managed to back into the gate post ! i draw consulation from the fact i didnt pay for them.:)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts