Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

Registered
Xceed First Edition PHEV
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had my PHEV Xceed for a while now and as I put it into drive the electronic handbrake releases automatically which is really useful.The one thing that I have had work on intermittent times but mostly not is the action of putting the car back into park.I have had ,occasionally,the electronic handbrake automatically apply it's self which is very handy.All the other times I have to manually pull up the parking brake switch to put it on.
Does anyone know what,if anything, I should be doing to automatically apply the brake on parking just as it releases on drive?

Registered
2019 Ceed first edition
I think on the manual if you turn the ignition off it puts the EPG on, or it may be if you open the drivers door, or maybe both. Not sure in autos

Registered
It automatically applies parking brake when you switch off engine when the auto hold is switched on

Reactions: Faltwen

Registered
Xceed First Edition PHEV
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I think that's the answer.If I have the auto hold it must put the handbrake on when the ignition is turned off.As I generally don't use auto hold this would explain why it only does it sometimes.
It would help if the handbrake was applied every time you put it into park as most times you are then going to be getting out of the car.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts