Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 07 plate Carens 2.0 litre dieselLSand have been trying to find how to adjust the park brake, I removed the inspection plugs on the brake disc expecting to be able to find an adjuster like the old Volvo and Cavaliers etc had but it only seems to allow inspection of the linings
, and there does not seem to be any obvious adjustement on the cables
Do you have to remove the disc/drum assembly to get to the adjuster?,as looking at removing the calipers it would seem that one of the mounting bolts is behind the rear suspension links and is going to be fun to get out, any advice or comments would be helpful.

·
Registered
887 Posts
it does adjust much like the cavs.
The adjuster is a little awkward to get to, from memory it's at the bottom but in kias infinate design wisdom and spring covers it...

·
Registered
476 Posts
I guess it's a Mk3 being an 07 plate, don't think you will find an adjuster like the Mk2's. The only way is as you described, including dropping the suspension to get the drums off, a right royal pain in the a$$ but worth doing, took me about an hour for both sides last time I did one.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Again thanks for the advice I will try to gat a look in this weekend, I have a bad feeling that the clutch/flywheel gremlins are about to strike!, we will see now how good the warranty is as that was one the major points in choosing Kia.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Clutch/Flywheel: They replaced my flywheel with no quibble (it had only done 23k at the time) but they refused to replace the clutch foc so I paid for the parts & they swallowed the labour as the box was already out.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I'm interested why Supacabby had to have a new flywheel. I know the dmf type can be troublesome but what are the symptoms? My 08 Mk3 was ok at 15k when I bought it, but now at 21k all the clutch movement is at the bottom of the pedal movement. Pumping the clutch pedal helps but when I do that, the pedal when held downpulsates like a brake pedal with warped discs. And where on earth is the clutch fluid reservoir? The handbook talks about brake/clutch fluid checking. They're not combined are they? Surely not!
Thanks in advance. Tim

·
Registered
476 Posts
Tim, I'll start a new topic so as not to take this one "off" as it's about the parking brake.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts