Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello

Sometimes when going over bumps the parcel shelf bounces and you can hear it. It's a bit annoying because I've only just sorted out the rear clunking which was both stabiliser links. It's fitted correctly, however on one side there is small crack where it sits on the plastic trim. The car is a Ceed hatchback. Anybody else experienced this? Is there anything I can try to stop it?

Thanks
Philip

·
Registered
Fusion white 2014 Proceed GT Tech
621 Posts
Yes, one of the first things I noticed when I got my JD Proceed. The rubber bumps fitted to the shelf are a bit hard, I think.

I found some a bit of black foam (not dense stuff) and cut a couple of strips about 10x100mm and stuck them onto the side mouldings on each side with double sided foam tape. This cushions the shelf and also provides a bit of friction to reduce bounce. Four years later, they look a bit sorry for themselves so I should replace them, Just need for the right type of foam to come along. Funny enough, it never bounces when I have a takeaway hanging from the hook...

As an aside, I did this just after sticking black felt into the glovebox and a block of foam at the bottom of the cubby under the central arm rest!

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks @gdh300 I might have to try that.

Is it possible that the shelf has distorted? Also those rubber stoppers that stick out from the boot lid trim, do they pull out further?

Philip

·
Registered
15 Posts
I had that problem on my Venga 3, I wrapped some black insulation tape around the rubber stops, seems to have sorted it.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I had that problem on my Venga 3, I wrapped some black insulation tape around the rubber stops, seems to have sorted it.
Do you mean the stops that stick out from the boot lid or where the shelf clips onto?

Thanks
Philip

1 - 7 of 7 Posts