Kia Owners Club Forum banner
181 - 183 of 183 Posts

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
just to add insult to injury, the kia touch up sticks are a poor match to the standard paint colour.... i got mine from the dealer...... but as they dont match - get the cheapest one you can find.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Morning everyone,

I wanted to jump on this forum also as I'm currently going through a complaint with Kia and my local dealership due to paint chipping on my 2009 Kia Soul Shaker in cream.

When I purchased the vehicle in Nov 2012 the car had been completely resprayed except the boot and rear bumper due to heavy stone chipping. However since May the car has started chipping on the bonnnet, both wings, the rear drivers door and heavily across the top of the windscreen/roof. This was within 6 months of the new paint job and me covering arounf 6,000 miles in the vehicle.

When I went the to the dealership in May to claim under my warranty they lost the photos and didn't send them on to Kia, so I had to go back in June for more photos (which they took on an Iphone) and heard on July 31st that Kia wouldn#t cover it under warranty.

I complained to Kia directly and had a response with 3 days verbally and written that they wouldn't cover the paint as it was "stone chipping". I advised them I was not accepting this as a paint job should last at least 5 years minimum and a bad paint job would deteriorate within 6 months.

I'm currently in the process of putting my complaint through Motorcodes who are the regulating body of Kia. Fingers crossed for a better response/outcome

·
Registered
199 Posts
mclam87 - I would think from what you describe that it is a claim against the company who did the respray not Kia as this is a used vehicle - don't see why they are involved. Usually any paint and body shop will guarantee their work for a certain length of time.
It must have been one heavy stone chips to do that much of a respray, as usually that is generally only effecting the front end. Nobody will guarantee against normal stone chipping.

181 - 183 of 183 Posts