Discussion Starter #1
I own a sedona on an 04 plate, had it for 5 months. Is it just me or do
they really chip easily, the more i look at it the more i see the primer
from chip marks, its all over the car

·
Registered
80 Posts
Hi Dusty Joe
Has the car been repaired or painted and what type of driving do you do motorway/country roads,I seem to pick up more chips on motorways not alot .I have a Sorento is your car light or dark colour as they some times use light grey primer even on dark colours.

Bigjames

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It is the dark imperial blue, i do mixed driving as i work 20 miles from home so a bit of that is motorway. I did buy me a touch up stick, waiting for the weather to get better before touching the bottom of the doors.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
On another point about paint, what do people use regarding polish. I have been using turtle wax blue on my scuff marks on my bumpers and mer on the rest of the car. Its an old bottle or mer and not the new formula. When that runs out i am going to try autoglym ultra deep shine.

·
Registered
702 Posts
Dustyjoe said:
On another point about paint, what do people use regarding polish. I have been using turtle wax blue on my scuff marks on my bumpers and mer on the rest of the car. Its an old bottle or mer and not the new formula. When that runs out i am going to try autoglym ultra deep shine.
For what its worth I always use autoglym ultra deep shine, it does what it says it does give a real good shine . Not noticed ny Sedona as more prone to chip marks than the rover .

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
Mer is only a polish andis not awax. Mer is good for taking out small scratches and swirl marks. After you use a polish you must use a good wax this is what protects the paint the polish makes it smooth and gives a shine.Autoglym products are great and last for a while. Turtle wax do a good wax its in a green bottle called Turtle wax original, they also do one with PTFE which I have not tried. After waxing, turtle wax has a product called Gloss Guard its easy to go on and it seals the wax and is brilliant. You only have to wax the car twice in a year. I have used it for years on car and bike and I have never had faded or paintwork going flat. Remember a polish is different from a wax. http://www.carcareadvice.co.uk/faq/exterior-paintwork/what-is-the-difference-between-a-wax-and-a-polish.htmEdited by: davy

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Great link by the way, i polished the car the other day and added this cheap spray on wax from turtlewax. It was fast and very easy and the shine is the best the car has had to date. I also saw a review about asda polish and the review compared it to autoglym resin polish. This was a proper review from a site, not a user review and it costs less than £2

1 - 7 of 7 Posts