Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The problem is being dealt with by Kia head office all agreed their is a problem with paint softness.

·
Registered
111 Posts
that was quick decision! what were the symptoms ?is it like chipping ?? i thought it was just the souls that had issues.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank's for your message,the car seems to be covered in small scratches you can make a scratch with your finger nail. Kia propose to polish the car with a mop then apply a protective coating not quite sure what that invovles,a pity as the car drives really well and in black looks great until you get close.

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
I had a similar problem with the paint being very soft on my 57 Ceed S. It was a solid red colour and would mark very easily but I only had it 2 months and traded it for a brand new 08 SR Ceed same colour and the paint seemed to be alot harder and didn't mark easily.

·
Registered
111 Posts
have just googled the word laquer and it states " a hard durable coating that protects the surface beneath" ..... is this happening?? ..nuff said!!

·
Registered
111 Posts
trust me mate we are all in this together so i feel for you ! if youve been as i have.. afraid to take it out the drive!!its not a robust paint job on any of the kias i dont care what anyone says ,you will get the mines alright brigade never had a problem etc but you only have to read how many folks have aggro on these forums that if you do the maths its plain to see there really are issues with the paint (or lack of ) on the full range

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
My Rio Graphite has a great paint job, no stone chips after 20k miles. However, have looked at other Rios in the range and they look seriously bad. Maybe only the top range models get the best paint job?

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
I heard that they Korean painters are nicking the good stuff or watering it down.
Allegedly of course. Cos they want to paint the town red.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts