Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
i got the front end. bonnet wing ends etc (but not bumper)protected with ventureshield and protected the door bottoms and rear wheel arches too and like tempest feel now that it has the protection it should have had from the factory ,it is suprising and disapointing too however that they havent made any effort on the new models to address the chipping and improve on the feeble protective measures in place , my advice if buying a soul now is to have the film protection work done straightaway to the best your buget can manage and be prepared to enjoy the car as intended with a little(a lot actually) more peace of mind!

·
Registered
111 Posts
mine was front 35% of bonnet ,wing ends and mirrors and it was £199 (best peace of mind investment ive ever done!!)you can buy paint protection kits from the american ebay site for £20 onwards ( they re called clear hood bra,s or full )kitsbut if you read the really really really small print it says they are best removed after a year ??? (i couldnt figure out why either!) but they will probably fade and be of dubious quality, this is why whoever does the job for you must use 3m venturesheild otherwise you may end up having to do it all again (and they dont reccomend stripping it off newly painted or non oven baked paintwork)you can buy other films that promise the earth qaulity wise but i did my door bottoms with one such supplier and it has yellowed after 7 months so im going to redo them with ventureshield in the spring ,in my experience there arent many owners who havent had paint chip issues and im sorry to speak bluntly but if they say they havent got any chips yet they aint looking hard enough!

·
Registered
111 Posts
good to hear you got the pick of the litter paintwise!, if i may ask what is your colour ? the souls do have a chequered pattern of paint quality i think that from what ive heard thedarker colours and plain paints fare worst by the fact that you can see the primer if you get a chip but a nice white ..well they would be much less noticeable

·
Registered
111 Posts
trust me the last thing i wanted either was to have to resort to the measures i am having to in order to protect my vehicle ,from what ive read on the forums there are two types of kia owners those who are prepared to take preventitive measures in order to reduce the initial damage and those who are prepare to let the vehicle become damaged and then live in hope that kia will out of goodwill take in the car and respray where neccessary ,from what ive seen its not a done deal that this will happen. im perplexed however that its such a strange mixture of the haves (stone chips) and the have nots it must i think be down to the way the vehicle was sprayed initially at the kia plant as a good layer of paint would im sure fare better than the offering some souls have been given, but im sure also that there are those who just cant be arsed to bother to wash and thoroughly check over the cars exterior thus giving them in essence a chip free car!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts