Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
thanks both,
booked it to get looked at but they cant see it until 5th May

Ive taken photos, but yer Jack thats my worry they will blame it on something else so i want to be armed as much as i can. Though i really cant see how they can argue against me it is obviously a paint issue.
Car has a 5 year paint warranty. Car has a paint fault. Warranty sorts out fault.

If they argue refer to Kia Customer Services and if that fails take it to the Ombudsman.

If you have not had any repairs carried out yourself you will win.

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
Its the cheapest paint they do and is usually sold to car rental companies who frankly don't care what the paintwork is like as they get rid of the cars after 12-18 months.
We have had white paint on 3 out of our last 5 cars. We choose it because we like white and it also just happens to be cheaper than most colours, on one it was £0 extra.

We have had about 3 other white cars in the past as well, as I said, we like white.

Not had a single issue.

Will continue to buy white cars with confidence providing the car looks good in white (some look carp).

For the record Rental Companies get rid of their cars after about 6 months. That is where most 6 month old Supermarket stock comes form.

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
The last Kia we went to see, a Picanto had a Blue as the only "free" paint, white was £250 extra. On a £8000 car (after scrappage) like the Picanto £250 for white or over £500 for a metallic is quite a significant %age cost, 6.25% in the case of the metallic. But on a £35,000 car like our recently bought Superb the £600 for metallic is only 1.7% extra thus far less significant. Since ours was a pre-reg it was included in the ticket price.

But cannot see why its a problem, all manufacturers charge extra for certain colours, some manufacturers special colours cost well over £2000. You have to accept it or walk away.

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
I quite agree :)
I agree as well but if you spend £8000 on a new Picanto that should last 10 years as well (in truth well over 10 years) but since I don't keep cars over 5 years normally I don't see how they shape up). But about 5 years ago I spotted a Golf I had bought new in 1989 in a local supermarket car park. It was 27 years old and whilst not exactly concours looked genuine enough for its age. I hung about and eventually spoke to the owner. It had been in his family for about 15 years, I had owned it for 7 years thus there was only a gap of about 5 years earlier in its life.

The paint looked good and it had obviously (to me) not had a respray since I could still see some of the poorly executed touch up repairs I had made. And it was white.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.