Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, it's my first time posting here.
Has anyone had any experience with resolving P0602 on a Rio 2005-2011 1.5 crdi? I've had mine since buying the car 2 months ago. It's constantly present and comes back after wiping it. It isn't activating the MIL though.

Hope someone can offer some insight.
Cheers

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Greetings!, I don't have any check motor light in my 2011 sportage however my obd2 code peruser streak a P0602 code ( Control Module Programming Mistake ) any one could help!?? 😖 Much obliged!!
Kodi nox
I have the same issue. No check engine light. Unfortunately, it seems that the only thing you can do is reflash the ECU, which isn't really easy to do by yourself, mainly because it's hard to obtain ECU data. Another thing would be replacing the whole ECU, and of course, checking for any loose connections before that.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Update:

In case anyone faces the same issue, it seems that mine has been fixed. I bought a cheap Galletto 1260 cable, edited the ECU software, corrected the checksum, flashed it back, took a long drive, turned the ignition on/off 5 or 6 times and the error hasn't returned, usually it would be back right after wiping. If anyone needs details, I'll be happy to help.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Update:

In case anyone faces the same issue, it seems that mine has been fixed. I bought a cheap Galletto 1260 cable, edited the ECU software, corrected the checksum, flashed it back, took a long drive, turned the ignition on/off 5 or 6 times and the error hasn't returned, usually it would be back right after wiping. If anyone needs details, I'll be happy to help.
I,m having similar issue with P0602 and no cel. How did you obtain the info to edit the ECU?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts