Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I get this OBD2 message, from a 2,5 CRDi.

"Crankshaft position sensor A circuit range/performance."

The sensor is replaced with no result.

It cranks, but will not start. With live data i can see that it cranks at around 240 rpm, so there is obviously some sensor working to get this info.

The fuel rail pressure varies. Could be 37 000 kPa for a (very) short moment, but stabilizes around 5000 while cranking.
Sometimes you can hear some ignition, but just barely.

Actually, we also have a Carens 2,0 CRDi with more or less the same problem.

·
Registered
5,138 Posts
What is the immobiliser light doing. If the key chip is not being read it will crank over but injectors not fire.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The symbol is visible, until I crank. But, while cranking all lights are black, which is normal...

But! The engine stopped during a drive, and has not started since then.

The immobilizer should not shut the engine down during a drive, even if the key is not readable...

·
Registered
5,138 Posts
It may be worth lifting the carpet passenger side footwell on Right hand drive vehicles and check for damp. The Ecu is located underneath and is common problem, damp inside the Ecu, causing many different fault types, and also corrosion of the wiring connectors. If damp is problem gently dry the unit with a hair dryer.

Reactions: mezznerah

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I will check that. It should already be checked, but I did not do it personally. The connectors were checked, to see if the connection to the crankshaft sensor was ok.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts